View Poll Results: Would you like more yolk in your eggS?!

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 83.33%
  • No

5 16.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I would pay for more yolk in my eggs! page 3

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    [QUOTE=BarbeyGirl;89528]Yep. Duck eggs have a higher yolk percentage than do chicken eggs. The bad news is that duck eggs are fairly pricey ($4.50/dozen around these parts). My solution? I've just purchased a bunch of ducklings to raise for eggs and meat! Aren't they cute?
    QUOTE]

OMG! I love ducks! I had three of them last summer, but in a city yard they were impossible. Besides being insanely noisy and very demanding, they completely tore up the yard. They need to have water in order to eat properly and wash out their nostrils, and then they take that water and wet the ground with it, then drill down with their bills much further than you'd think possible. Between the noise and the mess, and the fact that a family member was horribly allergic to the eggs, I had to find a new home for them. Now I have three chickens, and it's like night and day. The chickens are much quieter and way less messy. But, at the end of the day, I'd have ducks again if I had an acreage, just not suitable for the city.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    YOLK!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    LOL I have 9 horses. You wanna talk about tons of poop?
    Eesh, nevermind then you're used to it. I've only ridden a horse thrice in life and the second time my horse just wanted to far through the entirety of my lesson, I couldn't get the posting thing down because I was laughing so hard. The last time I went on 25 mile trail ride and my horse took off on me following another horse that a more experienced rider had made gallop (run? the horse was moving fast is what I mean) I think that's the only time I've ever looked like a bobble head, I had no control whatsoever and I'm just happy I didn't fall off. My girlfriend laughed her head off (she knows how to ride) but the trail ride was a surprise gift from me for her birthday. Women.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Ive had dinner and that pic made me wanna go make it again!

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Hey just bigging up the poll! two clicks from you is great for my research thx!

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if you could actually sell a product with extra yolk... except to Primal converts!
    I've always wanted to find an egg with a double yolk but it hasn't happened to me yet!

Barbey, those chicks are cute!

verdilak is offline Member
    I would love to try duck eggs. Around here, we only get chicken even though there is a huge lake.
    Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

nuttykitchen is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried Emu eggs? One is equivalent to 10 chicken eggs. We get ours from our Farmers Market. Yummm

Aren't they pretty?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nutty Kitchen

cook for life!

soniayak is offline Member
    I vote for more yolk! I spent 3 months in Africa doing some anthropological research. I stayed at this bed and breakfast type place in the country and had an ostrich egg omelet every morning for breakfast. But ONE omelet from ONE egg fed 10 people.

$4.50 a dozen!!! I would LOVE to find that price! Over here, it's $7!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast