Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Eating Chocolate Every Day? page 2

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That's a thread worth subscribing to

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I started reading, but then my brain exploded from all the information . I eat it sometimes, but it can trigger cravings if I overdo it. Now I have no idea whether that's an OK thing to do or not - but I won't feed it to the dogs
    Yep, cleaning up after my own brain explosion I LOVE me some great >88% dark chocolate, though it can be hard to find in my area outside of Whole Foods and, sometimes, Trader Joe's. It seems that most of the retailers think that "dark" is 50-65%, and perhaps for some it is.

I would love to try Crio Bru, but my budget just can't swing it. Whole Foods sells Cacao Bliss that I've been tempted to try - but it is difficult to justify spending that much for chocolate when I should probably spend that money on meat and veggies.

Dr. Bork, thanks for the brand names you mentioned, I will check them out.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I started reading, but then my brain exploded from all the information . I eat it sometimes, but it can trigger cravings if I overdo it. Now I have no idea whether that's an OK thing to do or not - but I won't feed it to the dogs
    Snap.
    My brain won't absorb, too many big words and technical for me.

I eat a couple of squares of dark chocolate most days.
    Is it saying it is ok to eat chocolate.? If so is that milk chocolate as well.
    I crave chocolate, it is the thing I miss most. Reeces Panut Butter Cups are my favourite food - unfortunately.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I LOVE me some great >88% dark chocolate, though it can be hard to find in my area outside of Whole Foods and, sometimes, Trader Joe's. It seems that most of the retailers think that "dark" is 50-65%, and perhaps for some it is.
    That kind of "dark" can be a gateway drug. My partner was a milk chocolate kind of guy, and over time, he's worked himself into darker varieties and will now eat 70% happily. He still looks at me like a crazy woman when I pull out my little stash of 99% though.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    Snap.
    My brain won't absorb, too many big words and technical for me.

I eat a couple of squares of dark chocolate most days.
    Is it saying it is ok to eat chocolate.? If so is that milk chocolate as well.
    I crave chocolate, it is the thing I miss most. Reeces Panut Butter Cups are my favourite food - unfortunately.
    The take home message is this: eat raw cacao with no or little processed sugar in it, if you can get it(order online, make it yourself in batches & stash, hide from self). However, for those of you who indulge in our little brown roasted friends in the form of store bought dark chocolate bars, enjoy those too & don't stress out over this stuff! Stress is worse than sugar imo, unless sugar is your stressor! Have fun, get out doors, walk barefoot, enjoy this life, it may be the only one you get...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Good read. Thanks!

My chihuahua has a chocolate thing. Chicken and chocolate, she can not resist. By accident she had a small amount, and fortunately, she does okay with it.

I have a nephew allergic to chocolate. Can you imagine the horror! I told my sister that the Dutch store has cacao and I didnt think that would affect him but she should research that. I dont think she has, nor have I for her.

I am fasting now, wish I had not have read this until later tomorrow
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Leida is offline Senior Member
    last time I had chocolate was in July, during my post-vacation sugar binge. I don't plan on having any for many months to come. If I was to allow myself anything sweet, it would be fruit/frutty flavor. I dunno why, but chocolate is never the first thing on my cravings list. It always come on the tail spin of the binge, as an afterthought. is there some physiological reason why someone wouldn't really care for chocolate? Do I miss a chromosome or something?
    Last edited by Leida; 09-25-2012 at 06:00 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Pachamama is offline Junior Member
    Ehm ehm, i am eating chocolate every day for now..85 % with a little raw brown sugar..i think i have to cut it off a little but i agree with Betorq and i don't want to stress myself too much, i eliminated all grains and legumes from my meals, so i feel like to indulge cuz stress is worst

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    So chocolate is good for you? Whew! That's a relief.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    I was eating a serving of 90% dark everyday for the last week or so. It would supposedly enhance my workout and make me more vascular. While I havn't taken it long enough to really get full effect, I found it quite addictive nd I would get really hungry after snacking on it. So I've cut it out, I don't see a real need for it. Sometimes I add unsweetened cocoa powder to my milk though
    Last edited by BennettC; 09-25-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast