Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle O's new School Lunch Menu: Less Fat, More Grains page

Grok is offline Senior Member

Michelle O's new School Lunch Menu: Less Fat, More Grains

Shop Now
    The new guidelines the first major overhaul of school meals in 15 years also require cafeterias to serve less fat and sodium and more fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

The lunch included one cheese-stuffed bread stick, a small dollop of marinara sauce, three apple slices and some raw spinach. Kirkham supplemented the lunch with items from a salad bar, including cubes of ham, bacon bits and dressing, which were available only to teachers.
    School lunch calorie limits leave bitter taste with some Kansas students | McClatchy

wiltondeportes Guest
    Why does Michelle Obama decide this? She is a huge assface.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Wow, a video? I just started yelling and swearing in class when I was upset with school.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Why does Michelle Obama decide this? She is a huge assface.
    I honestly don't think that she knows any better.
    She's pushing CW because she thinks it's the right way, and it's been drilled into her head by supposedly "reliable" sources. She's probably never tried our way of eating.
    Most people are like this.

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Why is somebody in DC telling the citizens of Bum-Frak Iowa what their kids are going to be eating in their school lunch rooms, and why are they using my tax money from Bum-Frak Alabama to pay for it? Hmmmmm....? When are we (and by that I mean the royal We, and by that I mean you bastards, all of you) going to start governing ourselves instead of complaining about how those on high do it for us? Anybody?
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    I honestly don't think that she knows any better.
    She's pushing CW because she thinks it's the right way, and it's been drilled into her head by supposedly "reliable" sources. She's probably never tried our way of eating.
    Most people are like this.
    There's many levels to this...

One, why is our national government making requirements for school lunches? Does it affect life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness? No? Then stay the hell out.
    Two, if there was a mandate, what research was done to confirm that the choice was made correctly. Where is it? Or, was this choice made based upon opinion? Opinions mandated to a nation is the worst kind of totalitarianism. WORST KIND. THERE IS NO WORSE GOVERNMENT THAN THAT.
    Three, why the fuck is Michelle Obama doing this? Did we vote her into office? No we didn't. It's bad enough we have to deal with her programed, spineless, evil husband. Why should we be subjected to this gold digger's cock-eyed opinions?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure Ann Romney's plan would be better - "Lem 'em eat hay! my dressage horses love it!"

Not that I give a quarter fuck about politics, I'm not an American citizen - but it sounds to me like Mrs. Obama has the right intentions, but like many other people, lack the proper knowledge - also, you have to realize that a paleo diet for ALL CITIZENS is totally impossible and completely unsustainable, you NEED grains to feed the huge numbers we have here, you can't be feeding everyone top quality fats, pastured animals, fruits and veggies, it's impossible - you would have to kill off a huge chunk of the population for that "utopia"

I personally think it's a step in the right direction to limit kid's exposure to junk food - doesn't have to be about politics.

ecole66 is offline Senior Member
    They are government schools so government makes the decisions. GET YOUR KIDS OUT OF GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS!!! People need to take responsibility for their own kids and stop handing them over to the government everyday. DEMAND school choice from your representatives.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    When I was a kid I packed a lunch. Is this really so complicated these days?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Is it ideal, no. Is it better than the chicken fingers and tater tots, erzatz hamburgers, and beef a roni that I see daily on my kid's menu? Yes. For children who do not have access to any other lunch besides what is provided in school, it is a step up.

For those with the means (and drive) to do so, they can provide a lunch daily for their child that is in accordance to their dietary wishes.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast