Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Michelle O's new School Lunch Menu: Less Fat, More Grains page 9

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JWBooth View Post
    Lack of a strong government? That's what you think we suffer from? Good grief. Those "greedy corporations" you bemoan exist because of Big Government. In a free market, small business is the dominant structure. In the Big Government world you favor, massive mutlinational corporations like Monsanto, ADM, Bank of America, Apple, ect are the norm. And lol at wanting government to tell you what to eat but bemoaning the fact they aren't telling you to eat Paleo. Slaves don't get to pick what they want for dinner. Part of the deal with choosing to be a slave is that you don't get to question your Master's decisions.

I reject Michelle Obama's food dictates not because she is a buffoon who doesn't know the first thing about nutrition. I reject her dictates because she doesn't have the right to tell me what to eat. Period. Even if she had half a clue and was pushing a Paleo agenda, she has no right to tell me what to put in to my own body or take my money to push her nutritional agenda on somebody else. I look at her and her husband no differently than the corner thug or the neighborhood rapist. They evil people pursuing an agenda of violence.
    Maybe its the Government you are electing in the US that is your problem. Though the way I see it your choices are far right or very far right. Not that I think there is much more choice in the UK.
    Countries such as Sweden have strong Governments, pay high taxes etc and from what I can see are doing just fine. I also dont think there is anything wrong about Governemts giving people dietary advise. In fact I think it is their responsibity. Up to you as an adult if you take their advise.
    Cant see the comparison with a neighbourhood rapist at all. from what I can see Michelle O is genuinelly trying to help with the obseity crisis. Not correctly in my opinion but at least she is trying.

karatepig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    Maybe its the Government you are electing in the US that is your problem. Though the way I see it your choices are far right or very far right. Not that I think there is much more choice in the UK.
    Countries such as Sweden have strong Governments, pay high taxes etc and from what I can see are doing just fine. I also dont think there is anything wrong about Governemts giving people dietary advise. In fact I think it is their responsibity. Up to you as an adult if you take their advise.
    Cant see the comparison with a neighbourhood rapist at all. from what I can see Michelle O is genuinelly trying to help with the obseity crisis. Not correctly in my opinion but at least she is trying.
    Ehhhh, no. Over time, through the passage of a vast multitude of laws, our government in the US has slowly morphed into a massive, over-reaching entity, one that those who first formed our country would surely despise. Candidates are often nothing more than puppets of other, controlling interests. The media is not trustworthy, and no, we don't suffer from a lack of leftist influence/choices. We suffer, partly, because of them.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    from what I can see Michelle O is genuinelly trying to help with the obseity crisis. Not correctly in my opinion but at least she is trying.
    But that's the problem of the past 30-40 years. The government sided with those who believed it was saturated fat causing cardiovascular diseases and against those who thought it was the sugar/fructose. The FDA (Food and Drug Admin) put out recommendations for us to eat less fat. Well, we did that....and look what happened. What gives food flavor are fats and sweets (specifically fructose). As food manufactures produced low/no fat foods they had to compensate with something else to keep the snacks from tasted like nothing, cardboard. And for the food companies it helps with profits since sweets cause us to eat more. HFCS is now an intrenched industry profiting from this government edict and they fight the anti-fructose arguments all the way to the lobbyist and the FDA in Washington.....You thought I was going to say "all the way to the bank?" That too.

The whole government edict to get everyone to reduce fat consumption was well intended but obesity and hearth disease was less before that point in time 40 years ago. Michelle isn't anymore qualified to persuade correct proactive food choices then the McGovern Committee was back then.

What I'd rather see are those research professionals like Dr Lustig, U of California, and Dr Johnson, U of Colorado, debating the Dr Ornish and T. Colin Campbells in a way the public can draw its own opinions. Most people discover paleo (primal) because they've stumbled into it. As paleo gets more known more people hear about it. But then how many of them think it's just another new fad diet? Ever try to get someone to research paleo on their own? The attitude is "what the hell do you know -- you're no expert"? I have brothers taking statins and high blood pressure meds. I can send them something like the following and they won't even read it: ‚€˜Bad cholesterol‚€™: It‚€™s not what you think - Health - Heart health | NBC News

Michelle struggles with her own weight so she obviously hasn't figured it out yet. Wouldn't someone like a Mark Sisson be a better public spokesperson since he actually reads the research and puts it into practice?
    Last edited by Scott F; 09-29-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by karatepig View Post
    Ehhhh, no. Over time, through the passage of a vast multitude of laws, our government in the US has slowly morphed into a massive, over-reaching entity, one that those who first formed our country would surely despise. Candidates are often nothing more than puppets of other, controlling interests. The media is not trustworthy, and no, we don't suffer from a lack of leftist influence/choices. We suffer, partly, because of them.
    Yeah, Too many people/voters believe the political marketing machine that's used to persuade voters. When it comes to politics follow the money. Is Obama really down on the uber rich? Think again.... http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...rge_soros2.jpg

Sure guys like Soros and Warren Buffett say they are willing to pay more taxes and convince you they are sincere. Their payoff, however, is they will make more money from their insider government influence.

Quote by James Carville: Ideologies aren't all that important. What's im...
    "Ideologies aren't all that important. What's important is psychology. The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That's why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd. Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don't have a clue as to political reality.What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want. The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn't have a clue than there were Republicans.Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you're smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That's why I'm a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to. - James Carville

Yeah, well, James.... like you said...its true of most Republicans too.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You know who else is 'trying'? Monsanto.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789