Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle O's new School Lunch Menu: Less Fat, More Grains page 5

JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I agree the way some of the way those views are expressed are hateful and I think venomous - such as,
    It's bad enough we have to deal with her programed, spineless, evil husband. Why should we be subjected to this gold digger's cock-eyed opinions?
    When people are robbed, oppressed, or transgressed against they get angry. They become hateful and venomous towards the people who are doing it. If Michelle Obama wants to be treated with respect, she should start acting respectfully towards others. But so long as she and criminal husband pursue the agendas they've chosen, they will be hated. And rightfully so. Americans have put up with this monstrosity of a government we have for far too long.

Kylex286 is offline Member
    Kids shouldn't be relying on their parents to make them school lunches when they're in high school; they should learn to start cooking by themselves before that. I started when I was 8; thus I never ate lunch at school. I didn't have the drive to make my own lunch in the morning, but I had the option. Its not the Governments fault, they're following what they were taught, and so are students. If the parents don't teach them to fend for themselves and become independent than I say let them eat the school lunches. If and when I have kids they'll surely be well trained in the culinary arts before they enter high school. what they do with it is up to them.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting a lot of "get them uppity negras outta my gub'mint! Of, by an' fer the white folks, just like the Founding Fathers intended!" vibes out of some of the posters in this thread. Creepy, creepy, you guys.
    Really?!

Good thing Obama is black. That gives the left a perfect opportunity to claim racism. Even your choice of president has to be publicly correct now.

jenellecal is offline Junior Member
    I pack my son's lunch daily and he is the envy of the school. He's in high school (he can cook/forage I just don't make him at o-dark thirty), he's in sports and he is a tall skinny thing. This kid has more protein than a pro-bodybuilder daily just to keep up his calorie needs.

School lunches are beyond scary and our school keeps getting awards. They do some things right, they have their own garden and pull as much from it as possible but the grains are overloaded and the "milk" is disgusting.

lucelu is offline Junior Member
    I went to Catholic school (private school) for a few years in elementary level. I bought the school lunch everyday. Seriously the worst lunches ever-- mystery meat, mashed potato paste, rice that was overcooked and like glue, mystery gravy, overcooked canned vegetables, cardboard pizza etc. After 2 years I had to go to public school because we were really broke and my Mom couldn't afford private school (at a reduced rate--in my region, the Catholic school tuition is not as expensive as they are in Nashville) so I went to a city public school. We actually had more choices there for lunch and my family qualified for the Federal School Lunch Program. I also had to receive tutoring in mathematics and the school provided a speech therapist for me. They also hooked me and my brother up with the BigBrother/BigSister organization. The fact is the private school sucked. The small things the big government school provided us made a big difference in our lives. I found out later my mother had to apply for AFDC as my father took a child support powder and real estate fell through the floor (mid 70's) and Mom was a real estate agent. Sure she found another job working as a secretary but it made the budget very tight. For the bean counting economic moralists, don't panic, she paid the state back when she sold our house. Don't want you to think some lazy kids got something for nothing.

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting a lot of "get them uppity negras outta my gub'mint! Of, by an' fer the white folks, just like the Founding Fathers intended!" vibes out of some of the posters in this thread. Creepy, creepy, you guys.
    I'd like to personally thank George Wallace for giving every dumbass who claims false racism a good southern accent to do it in. You'd almost think that "Jim Crow" laws and "Black Codes" weren't inspired by or outright taken directly from the State legislatures of .... oh, I don't know.... Illinois for one...... "Gosh, golly, the honkies from other than south of the Mason-Dixon are so darn enlightened." haha While the New South goes on about it's business, you boys are still having your grandparent's arguments.....
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Quote Originally Posted by lucelu View Post
    I went to Catholic school (private school) for a few years in elementary level. I bought the school lunch everyday. Seriously the worst lunches ever-- mystery meat, mashed potato paste, rice that was overcooked and like glue, mystery gravy, overcooked canned vegetables, cardboard pizza etc. After 2 years I had to go to public school because we were really broke and my Mom couldn't afford private school (at a reduced rate--in my region, the Catholic school tuition is not as expensive as they are in Nashville) so I went to a city public school. We actually had more choices there for lunch and my family qualified for the Federal School Lunch Program. I also had to receive tutoring in mathematics and the school provided a speech therapist for me. They also hooked me and my brother up with the BigBrother/BigSister organization. The fact is the private school sucked. The small things the big government school provided us made a big difference in our lives. I found out later my mother had to apply for AFDC as my father took a child support powder and real estate fell through the floor (mid 70's) and Mom was a real estate agent. Sure she found another job working as a secretary but it made the budget very tight. For the bean counting economic moralists, don't panic, she paid the state back when she sold our house. Don't want you to think some lazy kids got something for nothing.
    Oh, well since you put it that way..... PRINT ANOTHER TRILLION FOR EDUCATION, GEEVES!! ANOTHER TWO TRILLION FOR FOREIGN EMPIRE! We're the Gol-damn United States of A, we make the damn money and we can make as much of it as we want to! Tell uncle Ben to monetize some more debt IMMEDIATELY!

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    Oh, well since you put it that way..... PRINT ANOTHER TRILLION FOR EDUCATION, GEEVES!! ANOTHER TWO TRILLION FOR FOREIGN EMPIRE! We're the Gol-damn United States of A, we make the damn money and we can make as much of it as we want to! Tell uncle Ben to monetize some more debt IMMEDIATELY!
    imMEDIATELEH!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    imMEDIATELEH!
    I'm repeating this in my head in every different way I can think to pronounce it..... and they're all funny!!!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    that's why i'm here on this planet, to help *nodding*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast