Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sh*t my husband says... page 5

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Jesus, I hope my wife doesn't bitch about me like this....
    Sorry Uncephalized - not really bitching as such - Just stating that ............. block your ears because you are far too young to hear what us oldies get up too
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post
    He takes a shy taste of it and says "weren't you supposed to put a bouillon cube in this?"
    Ahah... this sounds familiar to me

I spend 2 hours (because that's what it takes) to make a tasty bouillon from grass fed beef which I buy directly from the farmers, plus all the roots and herbs... and the critique is that I should have added some of that synthetic universal spice...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I think that all of you with rude partners should remind them of this:

"I'm sorry, but your tongue wasn't inside my mouth when I was cooking to taste and adjust the seasoning specifically to your liking... that's why I placed the salt and pepper shaker right there in front of your plate." *sweet smile*

Seriously.
    Salt and pepper.... directly in front of them.

Goodness gracious...
    Rude partners!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Cori - you are the best !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I think that all of you with rude partners should remind them of this:

"I'm sorry, but your tongue wasn't inside my mouth when I was cooking to taste and adjust the seasoning specifically to your liking... that's why I placed the salt and pepper shaker right there in front of your plate." *sweet smile*

Seriously.
    Salt and pepper.... directly in front of them.

Goodness gracious...
    Rude partners!
    Oh hilarious. I'm sure he'd love to put his tongue in my mouth while I'm trying to cook.

I just love how I made him lamb chops with spearmint pesto sauce, a baked acorn squash and some sliced tomatoes and he raised his eyebrows and picked at it delicately in case it would kill him. But what did he make for me? Corn on the cob nuked in plastic wrap, nuked Trader Joe's flavored rice with soybeans and nuked Trader Joe's brined beef brisket. A cornucopia of processed food and starch from Mr. Hearthealthy.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Oh hilarious. I'm sure he'd love to put his tongue in my mouth while I'm trying to cook.

I just love how I made him lamb chops with spearmint pesto sauce, a baked acorn squash and some sliced tomatoes and he raised his eyebrows and picked at it delicately in case it would kill him. But what did he make for me? Corn on the cob nuked in plastic wrap, nuked Trader Joe's flavored rice with soybeans and nuked Trader Joe's brined beef brisket. A cornucopia of processed food and starch from Mr. Hearthealthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    "your tongue wasn't inside my mouth when I was cooking..."
    As in... I don't taste things the same as you taste things.
    Different tongues different taste buds and all that.

I wasn't really suggesting french kissing while cooking dinner... though perhaps that has merits too. Though I can't say I've never done it as I'm often cooking when husband comes home from work.

Also, I understand the foods that husband eats and doesn't eat because of his preferences.
    And he understands the foods that I eat and do not eat because of preferences or dietary restrictions.
    I don't cook for him the ones he doesn't eat and serve them to him, and he doesn't cook for me the ones I don't eat and serve them to me...

This goes right back to "rude partner" IMO.
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-26-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I don't think it's "bashing" anyone to be frustrated and/or looking for solutions to a relatively minor relationship problem.

froggie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I don't think it's "bashing" anyone to be frustrated and/or looking for solutions to a relatively minor relationship problem.
    Exactly!

Recipe-wise, my only faux-pas was to err on the conservative side with spices & other ingredients (herbes de provences, and of course carrots, onions, celery, and apple cider vinegar) AND not adding salt... But you know what, even then it tasted salty to me!!

At the end of the day I can only wish my big-baby husband would eat at least as well as our toddler (<-- I can at least control/incentivize/bargain with the latter).

This morning I saw in the trash the leftovers from my husband's dinner: Milano cookies and a root beer.

OF COURSE chicken broth cannot compete with THAT!
    ::sigh::

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Sorry Uncephalized - not really bitching as such - Just stating that ............. block your ears because you are far too young to hear what us oldies get up too
    G
    Hey no worries. I just try to be easy enough to live with that my wife can complain about me to my face if she needs to, y'know?
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

froggie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I just try to be easy enough to live with that my wife can complain about me to my face if she needs to, y'know?
    Right. Because I didn't tell him how I felt about his disappointment.
    This isn't husband-bashing, it's called problem-solving.

Today my husband isn't tuned into primal and therefore I am working on keeping my sanity. Venting helps.

But most importantly if you've found ways to help your significant other turn the corner (wife or husband!) I'd love to hear how you did it. Of course I want him healthier and stronger than ever before!! I love that darn big baby of mine

Bottom to top, my husband's food pyramid =cookies, lemonade, corn, pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs baked in grandma's beans (a Wegmans atrocity), root beer.

He hates eggs, anything green except green beans, anything dairy except cheddar and roquefort (woot!).
    Did I mention he loves SUGAAAAARRR!!?

How do you fix that?

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast