Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sh*t my husband says... page 4

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    ^ look at that sweet child, there's hope for mankind yet
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Jesus, I hope my wife doesn't bitch about me like this...

Of course, when she cooks me dinner I eat it, and I thank her for cooking for me, and then we usually both get laid. So that sounds a little different than what y'all are describing.

It helps that we both know neither of us is a gourmet chef. If something your wife cooked you is too bland, ask her to pass the damn salt and pepper.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    It helps that we both know neither of us is a gourmet chef. If something your wife cooked you is too bland, ask her to pass the damn salt and pepper.
    This...

Looking at ones food and whining like a spoiled child is completely ridiculous.

An adult partner knows where the salt is... if they want some they can get it.
    I'm willing to bet that it's the same at every other house in this thread where a partner fusses.
    They know where the salt is, and are capable of getting it and seasoning their food, they just wish to criticize and be rude.

Peoples tastes are different.
    I can season a thing perfectly to MY tastes... and it won't be salty enough for someone else.

Personally, I'm on a very sodium restricted diet for medical reasons... thus almost NO additive salt at all in my cooking.
    (My own tastes have adjusted, I feel fine, never lacking in electrolytes, and my tastes have adjusted so that "normal levels of salt now often taste extreme... )
    He never complains.
    He picks up the salt cellar and sprinkles his plate.
    Everyone is happy.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

so happy my husband and i are on the same bandwagon and I have no issues with what he cooks and he has no issues with what I cook.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Jesus, I hope my wife doesn't bitch about me like this...

Of course, when she cooks me dinner I eat it, and I thank her for cooking for me, and then we usually both get laid. So that sounds a little different than what y'all are describing.
    LOL!

I made a bison pot roast this weekend. I was a little nervous about using potato starch to thicken the gravy, but that stuff is fab. Now I'm wondering why anyone even bothers with flour. DH said it was the best damn pot roast he'd ever had. I'll take that sh*t.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I am finding that without the sodium added in processed foods, I actually need the salt. So I do add it to my food - and love it !!!!!!
    Husbands hmmmmmm thats a whole nother matter !!!!!!!
    I wouldn't add husbands to your primal food. Not unless they have been well seasoned, and possibly fermented.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Well, I have a wife who is not extremely picky, but she absolutely will tell me if she doesn't like what I make..... How? By not eating it.... I make LOTS of Indian food ( well did, pre primal )... and she loves Indian food, but if I make something she doesn't like, she just won't eat it, and will go get a sandwich or something.

I never "got" that. Unless something is really repulsive to me, I can eat it, especially when it is fresh - I won't likely re-heat leftovers, tho.

I know I am an excellent cook. And I get rather annoyed when she does that.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    Well, I have a wife who is not extremely picky, but she absolutely will tell me if she doesn't like what I make..... How? By not eating it.... I make LOTS of Indian food ( well did, pre primal )... and she loves Indian food, but if I make something she doesn't like, she just won't eat it, and will go get a sandwich or something.

I never "got" that. Unless something is really repulsive to me, I can eat it, especially when it is fresh - I won't likely re-heat leftovers, tho.

I know I am an excellent cook. And I get rather annoyed when she does that.
    yes, that annoys me too. but only because "dinner on the table" has been a big deal to him.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I wouldn't add husbands to your primal food. Not unless they have been well seasoned, and possibly fermented.
    Some of them are practically salt licks on their own!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    It depends what they have been seasoned with Magicmerl !!!!!
    Fermented - I don't think so.
    G X
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast