Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I really eat like this? I feel so darn guilty! page

Can I really eat like this? I feel so darn guilty!

Primal Fuel
    I am sorta new to all this. I had been on HCG for some time and lost 24 pounds. But it stopped working and I had to do something. I found this website and here I am. Today is day 3 and so far I have already dropped 1.5 pounds. That's amazing considering I was stuck at 158.8 for 3 weeks and now down to 157.2 this morning...and eating wonderful, fattening, delicious foods.

But I will be honest. I feel guilty when I eat. Like this morning I had a pork chop and fried egg in coconut oil and just thought: Wow! This is a lot of food.. Can I really keep this going? But it seems to be working yet I just can't help being a little nervous that one day this nice dream is going to end. I'm having a tough time moving past that feeling and if I am doing things right or not.

My goal is to keep the carbs under 50 and I am at 18 so far...But what about calories? I mean I just had a 1/2 cup of whip cream that was whipped up with some stevia and of course that just doesn't seem right....so the guilt is back again. I'm so full from that treat too and here I am feeling guilty.

I am using myfitnesspal to track things but is there a limit? I am am at

1363 calories so far for the day and
    18 grams of carbs
    0 fiber
    106 grams of protein
    113 grams of fat

I still have dinner coming and planning a salmon salad..

How am I doing so far..is this still ok?

Thanks for your input!

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    You body know when you've had enough when you are eating protein and fat. That's why you feel full on fewer calories.

If you are happy with the outcomes of your diet then it's working for you. Keep doing it.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Calories might be a little low, based on your resting metabolic rate. Otherwise, yes, you CAN eat like this.

If it's working, then you keep it up!

You'll have to get over the guilt of eating so much fat (a lot of people have that just starting out) to make this work.

Thanks so much for the input...I am just enjoying the fact that's it working so far..and sorta shocked by the whole process. It's still soon but I do hope I can continue to lose like I am..

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You said 1300 and you still had not had dinner yet. Your calories could be too high, actually, depending on how big dinner was. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Depending on your age and activity level you can probably do okay on 2000 calories. I've noticed that even when I overeat for a while, I don't seem to gain weight quite as easily as when I just tried to eat normal but was eating cereal and bagels. But too many calories and I don't lose any weight. Too much food day after day and eventually I get tired of eating so much. Something that never happened on the bagels and almond butter diet.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Enjoy it! OMG, you actually love this kind of foods, from the sound of it & you are losing weight. Don't worry about what comes ahead. If you stall, you will be able to make adjustments to your macros or calories. But in all likelihood, if you learn to enjoy it, you won't even have to for a long-long time since your appetite will reflect your needs.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Paleo/primal isn't an excuse to stuff your face with high calorie meals. If you eat a high calorie breakfast then you're going to eat less at lunch, dinner or in between.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Paleo/primal isn't an excuse to stuff your face with high calorie meals. If you eat a high calorie breakfast then you're going to eat less at lunch, dinner or in between.
    Be careful around cream. It's a lot of calories for what it is. Plus, dairy can stall weight loss, especially for women.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

sportsblond is offline Junior Member
    I would love to keep in touch with you...I'm finshing up my second round myself and going to be incorporating a primal-based diet as well. It'd be great to have the support.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Remember, its not ALL about the food, there are 9 more pillars of the primal lifestyle. The more of them you adopt, the more success you will have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast