I had a bone marrow transplant and thank God vigorously every day that I'm still alive. yay!

Now the aftermath.

Short and sweet, I need carbs because they help me digest my food (my digestion is terrible and it's not uncommon to see totally undigested food in my poop. nuts, spinach, rice, etc..) So after probably a decade of trying to fix said digestive system (by staying away from carbs almost entirely) I'm realizing I just digest better with them.

I've always eaten TONS of fruit and had a real healthy liver, but since I've got a donor immune system my liver has gone a bit haywire and I'm trying to figure out what I can do to help it out until my new immune system stops misbehaving.

thoughts? cut out those awesome fruits? it's not THAT much fructose but I'd like to know how it all breaks down. A banana, maybe 4-5 tablespoons of maple syrup throughout the day, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 2 handfulls of grapes; all eaten daily.

Doesn't seem like a lot, and there's ALWAYS fiber with it. I just worry about my liver being so rowdy.