Thread: Question on rest time page

bdlee73 is offline Member

Question Question on rest time

Lately I've found that I've been restless and feeling pretty energetic. So I like to randomly drop and do some pushups or knock out a quick set of pull ups. If I do this on a rest day or even the same day after a workout, am I going to set myself back? It just feels nice to do it.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    if it feels good, do it. it won't matter if you do it on a rest day. i wouldn't do these exercises at the same level or intensity as your workouts though.

just remember that your body needs time and rest to heal and get stronger, so don't let that one quick set turn into daily workouts.

bdlee73 is offline Member
    Thanks! I should start devoting the energy to sprints and more slow movement.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdlee73 View Post
    Thanks! I should start devoting the energy to sprints and more slow movement.
    definitely spend it on something sprinty. even if you have a sudden burst of energy while dinner is cooking, clear a space and bang out 10-15 burpees...or even tabata burpees (A.K.A. most evil punishment ever conceived), and you're still getting some of that muscle work with a nice metcon chaser.

zilog is offline Senior Member
    So I like to randomly drop and do some pushups or knock out a quick set of pull ups. If I do this on a rest day or even the same day after a workout, am I going to set myself back?
    IME this is fine - beneficial even - as long as you don't do them to failure

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Maybe use the energy to learn some bodyweight skills, nothing wrong with good old push ups and pull ups but I'm sure you're pretty good at those already. Maybe next time try an L-sit or start working on front/back lever progressions, planche progressions, handstands, etc. Give your central nervous system something new to work on.