Don't you just hate it when people ask you for advice, then berate you because your methods are "too extreme" and "unfair"? Long story short a younger sibling of mine has some serious gastrointestinal issues. I am talking about a teenager year old with gut problems worse than many 65 year olds, chronic gas, bloating, diarrhea, her villi and good bacteria are most likely completely gone(and this came from a doctor), their enzymes are screwy, its just bad.

I had similar problems(though less extreme) but after a few months of a primal/GAPS/weston a price fusion diet my issues have subsided(enzymes, probiotics, bone broth and fermented foods added in as well as avoiding crappy food). My parents and sister were curious over what worked, after I told them they flipped out called it "too extreme and unfair". So they went to a doctor, and to their surprise, the doctor reccomended the same thing, less fried, processed, refined food, probiotics, enzymes and absolutely no fast food, the only difference is the doctor did not say anything about bone broth and reccommended some whole grains(unsoaked CW-style). Needless to say my father, mother and sister are all b*tching about how unfair this all is. She refuses to eat anything but french fries, chicken strips and cheese nachos because "she is picky" and when something else is suggested they all freak out with the same "not everyone is meant to be a thin stick" retaliation. They refuse to believe that diet plays a role in all this. To top it off they refuse to take any supplement or even CW-style medication on a regular basis, they will take it once then complain about it "not working", after being told it will take a month or two to see results.

To top things off my other sibling who is around the same age is a high metabolism, mesomorph blessed with a cast iron stomach(you know the people that can sit on their asses,eat twinkies and still look like atheletes). My parents can only complain about how unfair it is that they can gorge on daily fast food and not have any problems, yet their other daughter is "confined" to a restrictive diet. The sick part is their condition has only worsened due to not following any advice, the monthly check in is coming up and the results are not going to please their doctor at all. I visited this past weekend and they spent a half hour asking what they should do and I told them I don't know what to do anymore. Needless to say this angered them and I was called "unhelpful" and "rude" and told "if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem". Don't you just hate it when people don't follow advice then blame you for the problem?