Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cream Cheese page

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member

Cream Cheese

Primal Fuel
    I'm new to primal so excuse me if this is a silly question. I get the thing with the fats being good energy for us. But I've seen lots of people talking about cream cheese. So, cream cheese is not on the bad list?

Yay!!! I love cream cheese! But what do you eat it with on a primal diet?

I'm use to piling it high on bagels lol.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    some can be pretty processed and junky -- not far off from american cheese. if you buy the good stuff, you can melt it on veggies, over eggs, or stir into soups. stuff it into celery too.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Ok, so we're not talking about the Philadelphia brand cream cheese? It would have to be like a natural cream cheese thing?

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    I take a container of high quality cream cheese and put it in the blender with a jar of drained roasted red peppers. Blend and it is heavenly. It can be eaten like a veggie dip or even like a roasted red pepper soup or gazpacho. Mmmmmmmmm............love it.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    HORIZON ORGANIC, CREAM CHEESE
    INGREDIENTS: Organic Grade A Milk, and Cream, Cheese Cultures, Salt, and Locust Bean Gum.
    KRAFT, PHILADELPHIA SOFT LIGHT CREAM CHEESE
    INGREDIENTS: Pasteurized Nonfat Milk, and Milkfat, Whey, Whey Protein Concentrate, Cheese Culture, Salt, Calcium Phosphate, (Ingredient Not in Regular Cream Cheese), Stabilizers (Xanthan Gum, and/or Carob Bean Gum, and/or Guar Gum), Lactic Acid, (Ingredient Not in Regular Cream Cheese) Sorbic Acid, as a preservative (Ingredient Not in Regular Cream Cheese) Natural Flavor, (Ingredient Not in Regular Cream Cheese) Vitamin A Palmitate.
    lol, your call.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post

lol, your call.
    why would you compare regular cream cheese to light cream cheese?

regular kraft cream cheese is no different than the organic horizon brand aside from the questionable xantham or guar bean gums.

Pasteurized Nonfat Milk And Milkfat, Cheese Culture, Salt, Stabilizers (Xanthan And/Or Carob Bean And/Or Guar Gums).

Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post
    I take a container of high quality cream cheese and put it in the blender with a jar of drained roasted red peppers. Blend and it is heavenly. It can be eaten like a veggie dip or even like a roasted red pepper soup or gazpacho. Mmmmmmmmm............love it.
    Wow! That sounds so good!

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing no dairy for a month, but I used to use it like a filling or spread. Slices of cooked meat (chicken, turkey, ham, beef) with a chunk of cheese at one end and then roll it up.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    I like it just straight up, but maybe try it with an avocado or something? I've also stuffed chicken breast and chops with cream cheese before. try making some of your own with raw milk, its quite easy and highly nutritious
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Take a section of a cut up red pepper, fill with cream cheese, wrap in bacon, bake in the oven till the bacon is done...so so yummy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast