Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cream Cheese page 2

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
    Take a section of a cut up red pepper, fill with cream cheese, wrap in bacon, bake in the oven till the bacon is done...so so yummy!
    Oh that does sound yummy! And anything with bacon in it is a plus!

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    a good piece of ham, slather with cream cheese, roll it up... oh man, my mom used to give me these as a snack growing up.. "ham roll up" soooo goood.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    I dilute it with cream or sour cream and make veggie dips. Sometimes garlic and herbs. Sometimes dried onions and seasonings, or I add a spicy mustard like Grey Poupon or another French mustard that's more horseradishy. Thin it a bit more and you can use any of these as a salad dressing.

Paleobird Guest
    Spread it on Free the Animal Fat Bread.

Make pesto: YUM!

Throw 3 cups of fresh basil leaves in a blender
    4 ounces of cream cheese
    4 ounces of Olive oil
    1 cup of walnuts
    3 tb. of garlic...

blend, blend, blend..add more olive oil if it needs to blend more so that it's smoothy..Pour over cooked fried zucchini in CO and it will fill you up good big time. Save the rest in ice cubes dishes and freeze. Pop them out, thaw and put on the table and eat with celery sticks if you like or other veggies. Pour over eggs or use as sauce for cauliflower pizza dough instead of red....Lotta options here if you can save it that long...My family loves it!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    spread it on slices of cucumber and then top with smoked salmon....
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    why would you compare regular cream cheese to light cream cheese?

regular kraft cream cheese is no different than the organic horizon brand aside from the questionable xantham or guar bean gums.

Pasteurized Nonfat Milk And Milkfat, Cheese Culture, Salt, Stabilizers (Xanthan And/Or Carob Bean And/Or Guar Gums).
    I had the same thought...
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I take cream cheese and spread it on turkey slices and wrap that around a green onion occasionally...
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Cream cheese is pretty much all crap. Even brands like Organic Valley still use multiple thickeners (xanthan gum, guar gum, carob gum, etc.) Brands like Philadelphia I believe add whey and other things. I've never seen decent cream cheese and it's almost exclusively junk.

That being said, I still eat it on occasion because I likes mah cheesecakez. But it's not a staple by any means. A single 99 cent bar would last a long time. A better substitute may be something like chevre as goat's milk is often better quality.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I found this recipe on Wellness Mama a couple of weeks ago and just got around to cooking it up a few nights ago. Everyone loved it! It tastes a lot like the spinach artichoke dip that is so freaking awesome, but without the crap. Super easy too.

Boneless chicken pieces, chopped spinach, marinated artichokes, cream cheese and parmesan.

Spinach Artichoke Chicken | Wellness Mama
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast