Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is a reasonable amount of fruit? page 2

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by carlvennt View Post
    No eating fruits is never bad for health.Doctors advice everyone to take fresh fruits and vegetables as much as you can.So stop worring and enjoy every fruit you get.

Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

froggie is offline Member
    Do some sporadic calorie tracking and see what the numbers tell you. If you are taking the low carb approach you may want to cut on some fruits accordingly.
    I had no idea there were so many carbs in a banana!
    Compare fruit options and choose the ones that help you achieve your calorific goal & satisfy your hunger.
    Experiment, rinse and repeat. N=1, sound familiar?

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

chemlabmom is offline Junior Member
    Everyone,
    Thanks for the information and input. I normally eat equal amounts of fruit and vegetables, so I won't worry about it.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    A few servings of fruit per day seem fine for me. (Assuming I'm not also eating many other carbs that day)

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    Like any other food, fruits go into the big life calculator and if your calculator says that your running at a surplus rather than a deficit then your eating too much.

That is my experience anyway. High sugar fruit are empty calories for me,

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    I think people differ in their response to insulin.
    Some have good insulin sensitivity, and some are insulin resistant, and it's up to each individual to find what works best for them.
    A good way to figure it out is to see how you react to fruit consumption.
    If you feel steady energy after eating fruit, with no crash, then your insulin sensitivity is good, and eating fruit won't pose much of a problem for you.
    If you feel lethargic and somewhat sloppy and foggy about an hour or so after eating friut, then you most likely have some degree of resistance to insulin, ie; your body has to produce more than a normal amount to counteract the glucose that is released into your bloodstream from the fruit, and the resulting crash leaves you feeling tired and lethargic.
    People with insulin resistance usually do better with diets that are lower in carbs, and sticking to veggies for carbs and upping your fat intake is probably a smart move.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I am half way through a Whole 30 and eating a ton of fruit- probably 5-6 servings a day. I had thought fruit (1-2 servings a day) was slowing my weightloss on primal and was suprised to see that after 20 days of Whole 30, eating all that fruit.... I have lost about 6 lbs.

So what was apparently hindering my loss was dairy and the other random sugar I ate (in my coffee, ice cream etc.).

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am exactly the opposite: the weight loss/hunger blunting doesn't happen unless I eliminate all fruit. A scant 1/2 cup of blueberries a day made me gain or stall. Now I have a dish of chopped raw organic cheese instead and not only i am losing, I feel gazillion times better and don;t get hungry. I am not sure what is the matter, some sort of fructose problem maybe, and sugar thing for sure, but I can't tolerate anything sweet. Well, it's savory life for me. I think I am an exception rather than the rule though.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Eating fruits is good for health.I usually take strawberries and mango which, i like most

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    LOL, Leida...it does suck. I'd kill for some dairy but am learning to appreciate coconut. I figured out the ghee was causing the heartburn, so no more dairy.

It's a random thing, but just goes to show that the CW "everything in moderation" isn't always right. I am 100% positive that I am eating more calories now. Sunday was 3 eggs, a apple with cinnamon and coconut oil, a coffee with coconut milk, full fat and a sausage. Lunch was 5-6 roast beef rolls with avocado, and a giant banana and a handful of figs. A snack of deviled eggs (2 whole eggs), more figs, pistachios. Dinner was steak, kale, zucchini and even more figs.

More food than ever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast