Thread: What to eat before a PT test/the big game? page

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member

Question What to eat before a PT test/the big game?

Primal Fuel
    I have a PT test tomorrow, and I was wondering if there were some general rules on pre test/game nutrition. Before I always ate pasta or bread the night before and a piece fruit an hour or so before, but since lowering my carb intake in general, carbal loading seems to have an opposite effect on me. The hardest part for most people, including myself, is the two mile run and keeping energy throughout.

I've only been eating fully paleo for about a month (on the first!), so any advice would really help!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    whatever you're eating for your training would probably be the best thing to eat. but, if you want to carbo-load, go ahead. have a couple of sweet potatoes, squash, fruit, etc.

It will be good if you take fruits

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    whatever you're eating for your training would probably be the best thing to eat.

This. And coffee. =)
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    And now this test is over, start hammering sprints hard, once or twice a week. Learn good running form (try Pose Running for a start). Strengthen your glutes and hamstrings through squats as well as sprinting and rucking.

Finally, learn your pace. If you are getting wiped out before the end of two miles, then you are starting out too fast. Find your goal time, break it down into 400m and 800m splits, and practice running at that speed, with plenty of rest in between. Your goal is to be on pace at the end of lap 7, so that lap 8 is whatever you want to give it, or a simple maintain for to meet your goal.

Are you Army? Spend some time with the new PRT TC; there's a lot of good info in there.