Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 8

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My meatloaf can be found in Mark's blog post about Freezer Primal/Paleo meals.

2 lbs meat (I use beef and pork or deer burger and pork)
    2 eggs
    some carrots chopped
    some celery choppes
    onion, chopped
    garlic cloves, chopped
    butter or bacon grease
    various spices to fit the mood

Soften all veggies in pan with butter or bacon grease. Whisk the egg and add in spices. Add in veggies. Add the meat and mix. Place in the pan and pop in the oven at 400 degrees for about an hour.

I top with ketchup b/c I'm still not 100% condiment free.

It's a bit different than Mark's recipe as I use bacon grease instead of butter and sometimes I put some partially cooked chopped bacon in with it (I use scissors to cut the bacon before cooking - keeps me from burning my fingers).

Anyhow, you didn't ask, but there it is. I love it. My husband loves it. My KIDS love it. My kids DEVOUR it! I've also made it in muffin cups and as meatballs.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, I would eat that.... w/o the ketchup.

OK, so mine was pretty good.... I might cut back on the veggies a wee bit because it made the meatloaf a little TOO juicy, IMO.... However, my kids both gave it good marks for taste, even though they didn't like the green hue form the spinach. I liked having the 2 fried eggs over the salad with the meatloaf. I used organic greens mix from Costco. which is not my favorite, but I need to make adjustments in the way I think / eat.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    Wow, some people's journals are outright scary.

Now, I am not an expert by any means, but I see people advocating eating one huge meal a day, and nothing else the rest of the day. Well, being diabetic, that would be terrible for me, but honestly, I can't imagine that it is good for anybody. I read another journal where the guy eats primal - when he eats, but he doesn't even eat every day.... he skips days at a time! All that makes me wonder if they really have a clue about primal. ( again, not that I am an expert, but I can't imagine that being a smart idea ) Heck, maybe "I" am the dumb one... I don't know.
    There's a lot of stuff that I would classify as 'advanced biohacks'. Basically things that have benefit for you beyond the basics. This includes ketosis, cold treatment, fasting, iodine(...), convict conditioning etc etc.

If you are a newbie, just concentrate on getting your diet sorted. Work out what the 'bad' foods are and build up a mental map of 'go to' recipes you can cook meals with without having to strain your creativity. That way when you feel tired whatever you don't backslide, you can be low functioning while still eating primal foods. Remember, for most people, even cutting out wheat is a crazy extremist thing.

Once you have built a foundation of primal eating habits and don't feel any sugar/wheat/vege oil urges, THEN you can look around and see what other sort of crazy you are
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

lowcarbjas is offline Member
    For a variety of Paleo recipes, I highly recommend chowstalker: Paleo &#45; chowstalker

and dessertstalker: Gallery &#45; dessertstalker
    Start Weight: 63.6kg/140lbs
    Goal Weight: 54kg/118lbs

If I can mix business with pleasure for a minute, I would like to ask your opinions on my idea for a rental kitchen for caterers. I pretty much know what i want as far as equipment, and the place I am looking to lease has more room than I need.... So I have some plans to use that space by

1. Offering cooking classes

2. Having Black Tie Nights, where the caterers can offer a premier dinner event for about 16 guests.... giving them a chance to showcase their talents in front of potential customers, or just people who want a good meal.... this might happen once or twice a month. You don't need to where a black tie.... so maybe I could have a better name.

But here is where I REALLY need opinions....

I was thinking that maybe M - TH, having what I call a "Rotational Restaurant" for dinner. Basically the idea would be that each night, a different caterer would make a small menu, and offer it to regular customers who can come in off the street.... So, you never know what the menu will be, and each week the caterer for that night would have to offer something different than the week before. What do you think of that idea?

Also, and these are just brainstorming ideas.... but maybe some nights for nutritional cooking lectures, followed by a small prepared meal? Like say primal.... have someone speak about it, an then prepare a small meal for attendees.

If you have other ideas, I would love to hear them.

Of course, I have other ways to make some money.....

1. Dry Storage
    2. Cold Storage
    3. Rental of non standard kitchen gear
    4. Possibly bulk goods sales

So, if you can think of ANYTHING, I would love to her it..... and sorry, but it is nice for me to get opinions from people who don't actually know me, and who also have interest in food. Thanks!
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    You know what I always wish I had access to? This may not fit in with your business plan, but thanks for hearing me out.

If there were a place that I could get good, tasty meals that I could pop in the freezer for later. I am not talking Stouffers here. I am talking "oh, that was marvelous! I loved how that tasted. I'll take a couple more for the freezer." truthfully, I have no idea how you could make that work.

Provide a place that someone could cook a weeks worth of meals?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Honeybuns, they have businesses that do just that. In fact, my kids school acts as a seller of that service for a business. They get a cut of the profits. I think they take orders each month.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmm.......maybe I'd best look around and see where the closest one is to me! I doubt there is anything within 50 miles but hey, maybe 75 miles!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

meeme is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Hmmmm.......maybe I'd best look around and see where the closest one is to me! I doubt there is anything within 50 miles but hey, maybe 75 miles!
    How would something like that be listed? I wouldn't know what to look for but it's a good idea.

Primal Papa I've been enjoying your journal. I'm new to this as well and you're doing a really good job. I hope your hand is healing well. I don't have anything to suggest about your business venture but it sounds like fun.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    You know what I always wish I had access to? This may not fit in with your business plan, but thanks for hearing me out.

If there were a place that I could get good, tasty meals that I could pop in the freezer for later. I am not talking Stouffers here. I am talking "oh, that was marvelous! I loved how that tasted. I'll take a couple more for the freezer." truthfully, I have no idea how you could make that work.

Provide a place that someone could cook a weeks worth of meals?
    Wasn't there a business model close to that called My Girlfriend's Kitchen? You go into a fully functioning pro kitchen, they supply the ingredients and recipes and cleanup, and even help if you are a non-cook, and you can make meals that you then freeze. You got to personalize the meals for your family by using a little more of this, none of that, etc. - as you were the cook and know your family's tastes best. I never tried it, but it used to be advertised and popular in some spots.

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast