Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 6

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Primal Papa, glad to see you started a journal, I will be following along. I just did the food plan, the first 6 months and lost a lot of the weight......
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I forgot to tell you about our new favorite breakfast. Hamburger patty (not the preformed ones) cooked in butter with a fried egg on top. Last time I put it on a bed of mixed greens and drizzled the pan drippings over it all. OMG!! SO tasty!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I forgot to tell you about our new favorite breakfast. Hamburger patty (not the preformed ones) cooked in butter with a fried egg on top. Last time I put it on a bed of mixed greens and drizzled the pan drippings over it all. OMG!! SO tasty!!

Yeah, hamburgers with over easy eggs are awesome!!!!!

OK, today was better for getting a nice variety of food..... lots of veggies.

Here was dinner:

about 8 ounces of homemade butternut squash soup
    ab out 8 ounces of baked tilapia
    and broccoli with some butter on top.

Recipe for the soup:

4 cups of peeled, cleaned, and cubed butternut squash
    3 cups organic chicken broth
    1 granny smith apple, chopped ( I kept the skin on )
    1 small onion chopped
    2 hefty pinches of pumpkin spice
    sea salt
    black pepper
    1 ounce of cream cheese ( I think it helps thicken the soup )
    coconut milk..... I had about a cup left from another recipe.

Put everything in a big soup pot. Bring to a low boil..... let it boil about a minute or so, then turn down to simmer for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool. Transfer to a blender and puree til smooth. Reheat just before you need it, adding the coconut milk.... heat and stir. If you like, add a smidge of pumpkin spice on top as garnish.

Now I need to do some research... I want to make french onion soup, without the bread, of course..... It seems like it should be primal, but I need to make sure.

So, yeah, today was a much better day.... The hand is getting better, but still sore..... not too bad from the tooth.... I need to make an appointment with a periodontist, it seems.....

And now, I want to find some kind of recipe for a primal pumpkin cookie for dessert.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

So, a few days ago, I started a blog... I am absolutely clueless with that kind of stuff..... I wanted to blog every day, but this site has me coming to it 15x a day...... I like reading the journals.... I like watching the videos... and I like the information.... and SO FAR, lol, I like every single person here!

OK, I am sure many of you know the online game called World of Warcraft... or as people call it, World of Warcrack..... I have been playing it for almost 8 years. Well, I came up with a new resolution...... For every 45 minutes I play WoW, I have to do 10 sets of my stairs, and I have 3 levels of stairs.... so 30 sets of steps for every 45 minutes played. I started that today.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

BTW, this is a bad photo taken from an old underwater camera, but here is my hand:

It kind of looks red and infected in the photo, but it isn't infected. It seems to be healing really nicely. That was about an inch and a half long, and pretty darn deep..... I know I should have gone for stitches.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    You might at least using butterfly bandages or steri-strips on it.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

lowcarbjas is offline Member
    Ouch! That looks pretty deep. I love your goal! I used to eat a donut or something, feel hella guilty, then do 10 push ups straight away. Of course I won't be eating junk anymore
    Start Weight: 63.6kg/140lbs
    Goal Weight: 54kg/118lbs

Wow, some people's journals are outright scary.

Now, I am not an expert by any means, but I see people advocating eating one huge meal a day, and nothing else the rest of the day. Well, being diabetic, that would be terrible for me, but honestly, I can't imagine that it is good for anybody. I read another journal where the guy eats primal - when he eats, but he doesn't even eat every day.... he skips days at a time! All that makes me wonder if they really have a clue about primal. ( again, not that I am an expert, but I can't imagine that being a smart idea ) Heck, maybe "I" am the dumb one... I don't know.

Anyway. I did go out and find a recipe for primal pumpkin cookies..... I made it and ate 4.... they were about the size of an Oreo. Kind of dry and flavorless, and definitely not too sweet. I "really" wanted a glass of milk to go along with these cookies. I was kind of surprised that the recipe had no eggs in it.

I am an EXCELLENT cook, but a terrible baker, so I follow baking recipes to the "T". Maybe I just picked a bad recipe. I do know that I am going to have to find a good source for almond flour... The place near me wants $12 a pound for it!!!!!!!! Surely there must be a better supplier on the net.

So, today I went shopping at BJ's Wholesale..... and I did find some stuff that was cheaper than at the local grocery stores.... but the variety was lacking.... But I did find the brand of eggs that I use, to be 40 cents cheaper per dozen. I found some organic bison meat at a reasonable price - it didn't say grass fed, but it also said it didn't have any of the bad stuff, like antibiotics.

I found some Kerrygold cheese. I never had it before, but I see it mentioned here A LOT. I found organic butter for just 30 cents more per pound.... so I bought 2 pounds. I bought a package of, I think it is called "Appledale" bacon.... Too expensive, but fortunately I don't want to eat much bacon.

Oooh, and I may get in trouble for this, but today I cleaned the fridge.... and as I was wiping it all down, I threw away some nasty stuff that I can't eat, but my wife does... but rarely.... I can only hope she won't miss it! But she had lots of stuff that was loaded with HFCS..... and transfats. I don't know what PB says about trans fats, but "I" have no intention of eating them.

Anyway, this is my last post until tomorrow, here, so have a great night everybody!
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 09-26-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal says no trans fats.

Applegate bacon is tasty, but not as tasty as what I usually get, which has nitrates and such in it. Plus it's much more expensive.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Day 4: 9.27.12

OK, so my wife woke me up at 7 to tell me that my one daughter will be staying at home today because of a bad headache. Now, I am not unsympathetic, but this does not bode well for a good day; when she is sick, she likes to spread her misery around, and is extremely cranky most of the time. I had lots of plans for today, and now none of them will happen.

OK, so, I have no idea what I will eat or do today. I was hoping for a nice long walk with one of my dogs, but it is raining. I think I will make a nice veggie filled meatloaf for dinner.

For some reason, I have woken up and feel like I am starving today. I don't know why, as I ate plenty yesterday, and even had a late night snack. Speaking of food, my wife must have really loved the butternut squash soup I made last night because all the leftovers are gone. I imagine that she took them for lunch. And a couple of the pumpkin cookies I made are missing.... Maybe if she likes this stuff she will go primal too.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast