Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 55

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahChzBurg View Post
    Yay, finally! I started reading your journal yesterday at work (shhhh...) and just finished! Love it. Your recipes sound great. Wish you the best, and look forward to following your success. Glad to be caught up for now, though, because my work is definitely suffering!

Also, I may have to live vicariously through you since no one replies to my journal posts!
    Put a link in your signature.... that makes it easier. And thanks for stopping by.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    You may feel sore later today or tomorrow. My Honey does Super-Slow, and has gotten really good results with it. He works out Wednesday evenings, and feels a little sore Thursday morning, with a peak on Friday morning.
    Maybe I was a wimp and didn't use enough weight as I didn't feel any pain at all.

ON another note, the whole dog walking thing is coming together nicely. One of my wife's employees is making me a logo. I already had an email request for info - she won't be using me, but at least she found me online. I just learned some stuff on SEO and will address that this weekend... I need to have my buddy fix something for me so that I can use my domain in full, and not as a subdomain of weebly.

BTW, if you never made a website, but want to try, I really love Weebly. Finally there is something so easy to sue that even I can make a decent, though templated, website. The free version would be good enough for most people, but I went with the pro version for about $50 a year because I want more of the advanced features like the ability to play videos.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

One good thing about insomnia - even though it really isn't good - is that it lets me get some work done. I went to bed at 11 last night and I knew after 15 minutes that I would never get to sleep any time soon, so I got up and went to work on my business website. Time just flew by. I screwed some stuff up and had to fix it, and I also added some new stuff, and BAM!!! it was 3AM... And, I was still awake it 4:15. I had to be up by 7:30 to take my daughter to the doctor....

Sadly, that is kind of normal for me. I'm lucky to get 4 hours of sleep overnight. Then, if I am lucky, I catch another 2 -3 hours in the day. Back before I had my heart attack in 2007, sleep was NEVER an issue. I could sleep 10 hours straight if I wanted. I really think that this whole sleep thing is going to contribute to me dying earlier. Diabetes saps some of my strength, and the lack of sleep just saps more of it. Hard to believe that in 1999 I was able to go, go, go! all day. I could waked up, go to the gym, come home and do 2 hours of stuff around the house, go to work for 3 - 11..... and stay up til 2AM, and then collapse for a good 8 hours of sleep.

Don't know what I'll be eating today. I'm not motivated to cook. I'm also not motivated to go to the Y, as the weather is so yucky today. It's about 34 degrees and raining. We should be in the high 40's to low 50's at this time.
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 12-07-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

BearsBeetsBG is offline Junior Member
    Oh man - 4 hours of sleep each night would kill me! Night feedings with my little ones were hard on me - and I was still getting 6-7 hours of sleep (just broken up). Luckily they've turned into good sleepers and I get my nights back

I used to have trouble falling asleep, though, even when I had the time to sleep and felt tired. I've found that when I stick to eating primally, that problem diminishes. When I go off and eat grains too much, I start to have trouble again. Has eating this way helped your insomnia at all? I've heard that a few extra carbs before bed help the sleep process. Perhaps sweet potato with dinner? Or a piece of fruit as a before-bed snack? I don't know if it will help - but worth a try?
    ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
    PSW (9/10/12) - 224
    CW (12/5/12) - 208
    GW - 160

I don't know what to think about this. One of my daughters is home sick today. So while chatting she told me she was missing her "no bullying" class today. I asked her what that was and she said that once, every 12 days, the school has an anti bullying class that gets taught in the auditorium, and it lasts for 40 minutes. I was flabbergasted.

Am I glad that the school has been proactive in promoting anti bullying? You betcha! ( My kids would far more likely be bullied than be bullies ). But to take 40 minutes every 12 days seems a bit excessive. At least they rotate what time of day the class is given so that the kids don't always miss the same class. But I am thinking that once per quarter is maybe even too often.

What are your thoughts on that?

BTW, last year when they were in elementary school, they heard a boy tell a girl that he was, and I quote, "Going to beat your mom and dad to death with a metal baseball bat". There were enough witnesses to him saying it that the school kicked him out for two weeks. The "kicker" to that story is that the boy was the son of the CCD teacher for my kids.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I think it depends on what they do in the assembly.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    That does seem a bit excessive, but if it seems to work, I wouldn't bother about it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    That does seem a bit excessive, but if it seems to work, I wouldn't bother about it.
    Oh, I'm not planning on doing or saying anything, but t really seems over the top. Plus, when you do it so often, I bet kids tune it out.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    What medications are you on after your heart attack? Could they be the cause of your sleep issues?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    What medications are you on after your heart attack? Could they be the cause of your sleep issues?
    I have no idea if they cause it, but I have spoken to my doctor... she gave me ambien, which does work, but maybe too well.... apparently, according to my wife, I do crazy things when I take ambien. She said she once found me sleeping naked on the bathroom floor after I took ambien.... and I don't sleep naked.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat