Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 54

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In regards to your stuffiness, use a neti pot when it hits. It helps mine out immensely.

Your oxtails sound delicious. Never had oxtails before but would love to try them.
    Georgette

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    It told me, "Thank you. Your information has been submitted."
    Thank you.... so now I will go see if it worked... I imagine it will

OK, THANKS! It worked exactly like it should.
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 12-04-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    In regards to your stuffiness, use a neti pot when it hits. It helps mine out immensely.

Your oxtails sound delicious. Never had oxtails before but would love to try them.
    The oxtail was really good, but I wouldn't make it again. Everybody in the family ate it, including my daughter who refuses to eat "cute animals".... she was borderline as to whether an ox is cute or not. In the end she liked it but hated the idea of eating it, LOL. I wouldn't make it again because it really is a poor value for the money..... It was 4+ pounds when I put it in the pot. After you count the tail bone and fat, which mostly renders into liquid, after cooking you get MAYBE a pound or so of meat.... and it was over $14 to buy.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

On another note.... and this has me curious... last night I started lifting weights, as I mentioned earlier. I tried something new that I had never read about before..... pick a weight that you know you can handle..... and do SLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW reps.... So, for biceps, I only used 15 pound weights, and did 3 sets of 10 for each arm at an excruciatingly slow pace... I was REALLY worn out in my arms after doing that... I expected to be in major pain today, but was in basically no pain at all.

Either I did it wrong, or that philosophy is just wrong.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

I took this little bit from a Yahoo story. I'm not buying it at all...

Whether you prefer pizza, pad Thai, cheeseburgers or chicken curry, everyone loves to eat out. On average each of us spends a whopping $2,500 a year on meals away from home, according to the National Restaurant Association

That's a dumb way to look at it....

My wife and I ( mostly my wife ) have a combined income over six figures. I kept track in 2011 of what we spent dining out, including tips... We are not fancy eaters... we don't order mixed drinks..... we never get dessert...... but we used to go out at least once a week with an average bill of $72 for the 4 of us including tip. So, I would say we ate out 70x last year, which would be just over $5000. But we are very fortunate to say the least, that we can handle that. But personally I HATE that we spent that much money. For a fat guy, I generally hate spending money going out to eat. But, since my wife enjoys it, and she frequently gets home too late for me to start cooking, we eat out. But me, I am a cheap SOB when it comes to dining out or paying for hotel rooms.... And I hate spending money at overpriced places like Disney World, and the like.

Most people who make less, I guess, would likely spend less.....

But here is where this is really flawed.... People who make BIG BIG MONEY can easily spend way more than what we spend. I worked in Philly TV for 19 years. I know some semi celebrities who make in excess of a million a year. I have been out to dinner with some of them.... I know a husband and wife who make over $2M a year, and have gone out to dinner with them, and they think nothing of spending $1000 on dinner... They buy $250 bottles of champagne like I buy diet Pepsi. Funny thing about them? LOL, they won't repair their garage door because "it costs too much."

I know a well known rock star.... don't want to drop names.... I was once with him when he took a bunch of folks out and spent ... over $20,000 on dinner for everybody. I know another guy who plays for several rock bands in the studio.... nobody would know his name unless you remember an 80's hair band called Britney Fox.... He does quite well financially.... He's not a mega rock star like the 1st guy, but he has some serious money..... We went to high school together. I ran into him one day at a book store. He asked me to go to lunch with him. I think I had like $18 on me at the time. Afraid that I couldn't afford to go, I tried begging off. He then said lunch was on him. We ended up at a sushi place.... I know we had a bill of over $200 for just lunch.

For us normal people, we have limits..... but really rich people have no limits.

I can't see the family that makes $50,000 a year - a nice respectable salary in many areas - spending 10% of their gross pay on eating out, can you?

Have you ever really thought about how much you spend per year eating out?

EDIT: LOL, insomnia has set in tonight if you can't tell.
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 12-04-2012 at 11:02 PM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    You may feel sore later today or tomorrow. My Honey does Super-Slow, and has gotten really good results with it. He works out Wednesday evenings, and feels a little sore Thursday morning, with a peak on Friday morning.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Boyfriend and I just calculated how much we were spending per month, ordering out. This was when we lived in his parents' attic so cooking was tricky. We were spending well over $100 per month (would've been $100 with just once a week, but it was more than that), which seemed like way too much to me. We got a mini fridge and started cooking more often. We cut back ordering out to no more than once a week, then no more than twice a month at the apartment. Now it's once every few months.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    Thank you.... so now I will go see if it worked... I imagine it will

OK, THANKS! It worked exactly like it should.
    May I make one comment about the website design? When I clicked on the contact us link, I clicked about 3 times before I realized that it had loaded, because I couldn't tell that anything had changed, so I thought I was still on the same page. I know that the colors of the letters changed, but I almost came back and told you that it wasn't working at all.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    May I make one comment about the website design? When I clicked on the contact us link, I clicked about 3 times before I realized that it had loaded, because I couldn't tell that anything had changed, so I thought I was still on the same page. I know that the colors of the letters changed, but I almost came back and told you that it wasn't working at all.
    OK, good to know.... will have to see what I can do about that.... This is all template based, and I am learning as I go...
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

SarahChzBurg is offline Junior Member
    Yay, finally! I started reading your journal yesterday at work (shhhh...) and just finished! Love it. Your recipes sound great. Wish you the best, and look forward to following your success. Glad to be caught up for now, though, because my work is definitely suffering!

Also, I may have to live vicariously through you since no one replies to my journal posts!
    Sarah
    Primal on a budget in Sugar Land, TX
    SarahChzBurg's Primal Journal

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast