Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 50

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In regards to "family" passing, my sisters do this with me all the time. On average, I am 15 years younger than they are so I don't know our family as well as they do. At least once I year, I get a call saying so and so died. I am not close to anyone on either side of the family so I don't attend the funerals and feel really odd if I go to the viewings. People recognize me, but I don't recognize anyone. I swore that after my mom passed, I would not go to anymore funerals for anyone on either side unless it were for my own kids, spouse, siblings(possibly. Not going to SC for a funeral) and people in my spouses family.
    Georgette

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    So, last night I went to See Carrie Underwood... Due to insomnia, I had not slept in over 30 hours. Other than the way she looks, I'm not a huge fan. But I must say that she put on a helluva good show, and I didn't have my cell with me to look at a clock, but I think she played for very close to a full 2 hours. There were about 15,000 people there. About 70% were women or girls. The tour is called the Blown Away tour, and that was her final song of the night, and in fact, I was blown away! She sang that incredibly well, with backing videos and such that rivaled a Pink Floyd show.

By far my favorite thing that she sang all night was something I never expected. She sang Sweet Emotion ( Aerosmith ) and just floored me with her energy. I had so much fun with that and so did she. I think it was her favorite part of the show.

The opening act was someone I had not even heard of til 3 days ago, but apparently even though he is just starting his career, he's pretty popular among the girls. He was a really good looking young guy named Hunter Hayes. He sang his hit song called "Wanted" and I was looking around at all the young ladies, and many of them were in tears, or they were screaming their butts off, LOL. In either case I enjoyed his performance, e specially since I walked in clueless as to who he was and his popularity among teen girls.

I had never been to a country concert before. I will definitely go again. I liked the non rock and roll atmosphere,,, man, I am getting old, I guess... .... Also, the ladies were just stunning, and I find the cowgirl look especially sexy. I was about to say that I enjoyed not being among a bunch of stoned or drunk folks - and that was true - but there was a group of 3 or 4 womene that were seated a few rows below me that were drunk as could be, but they didn't affect me in any way, so all is / was good, but I sure hope they had a driver.

Anyway, it was far better than I thought it was. The only real negative was that on occasion, Carrie's voice sounded rather, what I would call "chipmonkeyish", even when she was just talking. I have heard her talk tons of times, and she doesn't sound like that. If she did, that would ruing my "fantasy".
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 11-29-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

My wife has asked me not to pursue a FT job at this time. In fact she kind of came to me with an off the wall idea that will actually help me get in shape and earn money at the same time.... here is her idea:

Open a dog walking service.

A long time ago I thought about opening a doggy day care center, but we decided to use the money on moving to a better home / nicer neighborhood.

So, I must say that I find this 100% intriguing. I don't really need to work for the money. Sure, more is better, but we're fine with just my wife working. She also knows that I don't work well as an employee. And of course, she would like it better if I was in better shape..... and so would I.... so, it seems like a match made in heaven. I started doing research and found that dog walking services charge about $15 - $23 per hour to walk a pooch. and then there are add in services, like taking dogs to the vet for people while they work. Or even just going to their homes to let the dog out for a bit..... I live in an area where there are lots of pharmaceutcial companies with people who can work long hours. Plus, it would let me be around for my kids after school, and be able to cook dinner.

I have ordered a book to read about the whole business, that was authored by a guy who was featured all over TV for opening a business like this in NYC. I think I read that he employs over 100 dog walkers.... I have no desire to do that, at all.... but I was thinking that if I could get 10 - 15 hours of dog walks in a week, that would be plenty..... It would give me pocket money. It would be exercise. And it would let me work with dogs, which are my favorite domesticated animals.

The advantage that I have is that I live in affluent area, and people actually have money to afford this.

Anyway, I was thinking of a few possibilities for a name.... and would like your thoughts.... and maybe if you have your own idea, you could post that.... OK here goes:

Chuckleberry Hound Pet Services... spinoff of the old cartoon Huckleberry Hound

DogWalking194xx..... where 194xx is my zip code... I was thinking this might be awesome for search engines

Papa's Dog Walking... just because people call me Papa, LOL
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I like Dog Gone It.
    Of yours, I like Chuckleberry Hound.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

This is video of Carrie Underwood at the show I was at, playing Sweet Emotion.... surprisingly great for a video from a smart phone....

Carrie Underwood, "Sweet Emotion" Live @ Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pa. - YouTube
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Not that anybody seems to be reading this anymore except Georgette, dinner tonight was really good since I do allow some dairy....

I had some nice tilapia, a big, no, huge serving of creamed spinach, and about 1/4 of a baked potato with a bit of butter.

After all this time, I am still mentally fighting with eating fat.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Hey! I'm still reading!
    I still need to figure out how to cream spinach. I've never had it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Hey! I'm still reading!
    I still need to figure out how to cream spinach. I've never had it.
    So simple....

Basically you get spinach and cook it down.... squeeze out as much water as you can. Add cream, and a bit of cheese, and saute with any spices you might like... I pretty much stick to salt and pepper, unless I am making palak paneer... which is just an Indian version with Indian spices and Paneer cheese. Though I do make the Indian one without cheese quite often.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

So, lets say you won Powerball.... and you got the check deposited and cleared..... what is the VERY FIRST thing you would do?

Would it be to quit your job? Give money to charity? Or pay off your mortgage? Something else? The VERY FIRST thing.

I would write a check and pay off my mortgage before anything else.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Change my phone number. Second, pay off the mortgage.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast