Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 48

canio6 Guest
    Damn, that is an impressive list. 3 gallons of ice cream? Well played; well played.

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving....
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Happy Thanksgiving and it looks like you're prepped for the dessert apocalypse.
    Georgette

By tomorrow everybody will be gone..... and hopefully by tomorrow night I get some sanity back in my life. And I feel this way even though I really like most of them.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

OK, my 3 day non primal period is now over, now that everybody will be gone by 7AM on Saturday..... but this was "interesting".....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread71807.html

BTW, I expected to feel really bad from not eating primal, but I was fine. And at least there is a lot of primal food around to get back on track starting in the morning. And, I really didn't go off primal nearly as far as I expected. My brother in law thought he was doing me a favor by bringing a pecan pie to the house..... I love pecan pie..... and I would have really indulged, but when I opened the box, it didn't look like any pecan pie I ever saw.... but I still took a bite, and would have ate a whole slice, and maybe even 2 slices, except that it turned out to be "CHOCOLATE" pecan pie..... which was just plain nasty. Why ruin a good pecan pie by loading it up with chocolate.

The guy who made it, won Cupcake Wars on Food Network.... I am guessing that he would not win "Pie Wars". if such a thing existed.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I don't like chocolate pecan pie myself. Definitely a pecan pie purist. My mom made the best pecan pie and I haven't touched it since she passed in 2007. Mom was seriously one of the best cooks ever.
    Georgette

Had a huge fight with my wife today. It was mostly my fault.

I have never been one who tolerates a lack of common sense well, and lately I have become a lot more intolerant. In fact, I have become a lot less tolerant of people in general.

Also, having lost my full time job 3 years ago, I don't get to interact with people near as much as I used to. I do have a PT business, but that's not enough I guess. We aren't hurting for money, but "I" am. Since I don't make nearly the money I used to, I have chosen to not spend money unless I think we really need something. Back when I was making $80K a year, we sort of had a rule.... if it costs less than $1000, there was no need to ask permission to buy it.... and not that we did that often, but yeah, from time to time we both might spend a big chunk of money w/o consulting each other. It's hard for me to not spend money.... I always had plenty after age 30.

Nowadays, I feel guilty spending $20 without asking. My wife works really hard, I think.... Maybe not as hard as she would have me believe, but hard. And while she does have bad days at work, I think she really likes her job, and would be lost without it.

That's kind of where I am these days..... lost.

I want to work again, but I know I would be a really bad employee. I'm the kind of guy who would tell the boss he's acting like an idiot... and I know that because I have done that. And I called the same guy a moron, when he followed me into the bathroom to chide me for being late all the time..... only to find out that he was giving the wrong "Chuck" a hard time...... Dumbass was yelling at me, and he was yelling at the wrong guy..... I called him a moron and told him to go check my time cards, that I had not been late in over a year despite having to travel a major highway that gets jammed up all the time. If you're gonna follow somebody into a men's room to yell at them, at least make sure you have the right person.

Anyway, I grow more intolerant the farther I get removed from people. I grow more intolerant the more I deal with my mother.

I think I need to get back to work PT, so I can experience what it feels like to be human again. I need to find people that I can laugh with and share a beer or something.

Wish me luck.

EDIT: I wasn't talking about my wife when I said lack of common sense.....
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 11-24-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

In an effort to get back on track, I made a new recipe tonight.... I just made it up, and it is in the crock pot now.... and hopefully it will be good. Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to:

Chilighetti!

8 slices of bacon - diced
    5ish cups of mixed chopped peppers
    1 large chopped onion
    3 cloves of chopped garlic
    4 TBS of chili seasoning
    3 pounds of ground meat.... I used 1 pound of Bison and 2 pounds of pork... use what you like or have
    28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
    2 OUNCES of habanero sauce.... or whatever you like
    1 pretty large spaghetti squash
    salt / pepper to taste

Prepare a spaghetti squash.... simple..... google it if needed

While the squash is cooking, cook the diced bacon in a BIG pan. Remove the bacon when crispy, leaving the fat in the pan. Saute the peppers and onions. Take all that out of the pan if your pan isn't big enough... if it is, add all remaining ingredients and cook until the meat is pretty much cooked.... it can be a little uncooked for now because you will now throw everything in a crockpot..... After the stuff is in the crockpot, take the shreds of spaghetti squash, and give it a small chop, then add to the crocpot...... My guess is I will let it cook for 5 hours on low.... I mean it is pretty well done before the crockpot, but the flavors will marry during the time spent in the crock pot.

I have absolutely no idea if this will be as good as I hope, but I don't think it can be bad, LOL.

EDIT: OK, so it came out excellent. Not incredibly awesome, but excellent. I did need to add a few fresh tomatoes about 2 hours into cooking as it wasn't as moist as I wanted it to be. The spaghetti squash was a good choice.... I see many people do this with butternut squash, but I am not a big fan, and I had the spaghetti squash around. I give it an 8 out of 10. In retrospect, i could have done without the bacon just fine, but I was looking for a bit of smoky flavor.
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 11-24-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

kiks is offline Member
    hey there, i enjoy reading this thread good luck with your progress! Keep up the great work.

my two cents about your mom issue - don't feel bad about it; some people only know to take advantage of others, even though they think they aren't. Do what you can in helping her, if she doesn't like it, oh well. She can find another solution. She is your mom, but you won't be taken for a fool (i have similar experiences with DH's mom)
    my two cents about the cell phone issue - i say get the girls phones, but just basic ones for now, so you get an idea of how much they will use them and how. They are only 11, and from the moment they get a phone, they will always expect to have a phone and they will want the latest/greatest. It is great that you teach them important lessons about life and financial responsibility, etc...but some of these lessons will get through to them at a later time. I realized the importance of saving when i was actually making $ and had to decide how i would spend my own $ (and not my parent's $). Some hardships are great life lessons....i'm not saying to create hardships here, but no need to make things too easy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, I was supposed to meet with a personal trainer tonight. She understands primal according to her. I had to cancel as one of my wife's best friends mom died on Thanksgiving. So we will be attending a viewing tonight.

We are supposed to see some snow tomorrow, which is way too early for Philly, generally speaking. I hate snow, but as long as it is just a little bit - under 4" - I generally don't mind because it will melt fast, and I don't mind the exercise from shoveling. We are trying to decide whether to buy a snow blower this year. Last year we shoveled all the snow, and I think 2 of the storms were pretty big. With a big heart attack already under my belt, I don't need another... Our driveway can hold about 8 cars if parked close, maybe 10. Plus I have 100+ feet of sidewalk. Last year though, a neighbor used his snow plow on our sidewalk.

So now, I need to decide..... pay somebody to remove the snow or buy a snow thrower....

$75 a few times a year, or pay $1000 for a snow thrower and pay to maintain it , and store it..... I can store it, but I really don't want to.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast