Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 46

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, yeah, I know all about texting even tho I don't do it. My best buddy has two teen girls, and one of them once had 22,000 texts in one month. Of course, the stupidity of all this is that it takes 100 average length texts to use the same bandwidth as 1 minute of voice.

My kids have free ad based texting on their iTouch.... I see the "hey" "yo", "ya", texts all the time.

On another note, who is ready for a paleo Thanksgiving? I am except for the green bean casserole.I'm having that, paleo or not, LOL. It is the one time a year we actually make it.

Then, looking ahead to NY DAY, we have pork and sauerkraut over mashed potatoes. I'll be having that too, as it is a family tradition for every year I have been alive.... My wife never knew of it til she met me, but has adapted nicely.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I did not get my first cell phone until I was 21. Had no use for one, nor the funds for it.

That being said $190 a month for a cell phone plan with two phones is absolutely highway robbery!! I have two smartphones with 5 GB monthly data, unlimited text, unlimited free incoming calls, 1000 minutes for the two phones, with free mobile to mobile, plus insurance at $6 a phone. We pay $131 a month. We NEVER use all our minutes b/c we text. You might consider looking into another carrier if price is a concern. Now, b/c I get points for this: Might I recommend US Cellular - if they're in your area. After the first 2 year contract, you are no longer bound by any contract, yet you can upgrade your phone like with any other company, but WITHOUT renewing or extending a contract (pricing of plans stay the same throughout your relationship with US Cellular). You can learn more at www.buyuscc.com. Jenn, USCC Customer Crew

Ok... sorry. I get points when I mention US Celluar - those points earn me freebies like accessories for my phone, ringtones, term buyout (gets you a new phone as early as every 18 months), free phones, etc. They don't have the ever-coveted iPhone, but they have the Samsung Galaxy SIII, which is also a highly coveted phone. Ask about the Belief Project when you call.

That being said, I would probably get them regular phones with a texting plan and just monitor their use. If you trust them like you say you do, there won't be any reason to question getting them a phone... and if they have iPads, they don't need smartphones, just a means of communication.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-19-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

So, I heard my 1st Christmas songs on the radio today.... I love most of it, but I really want to destroy all copies of Paul McCartney's "Having a Wonderful Christmastime".

My favorite Christmas songs:

1. Christmas in Hollis.... Run DMC
    2. Merry Christmas, Baby... Springsteen
    3. Christmas ( Baby Please Come Home ) U2 --- and I am not a U2 fan, by any means
    4. Baby It's Cold Outside.... most any version
    5. Feliz Navidad ..... Jose Feliciano
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I'll have to think about my favorites. I'm partial to some of the old Hollywood classics, though I'm kind of tired of Bing Crosby (we used to listen to the White Christmas compilation EVERY DANG YEAR). I'm not a U2 fan either =P I do like Baby It's Cold Outside.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Sad but true, it's not really Christmas for me until I hear Boney M's Christmas album. It's not that it's good, really, it's just that my childhood Christmases included my mother playing that record, and I'm immediately transported to helping decorate the tree (complete with bubble lights!) with my mum and being allowed to carefully place her favourite porcelain angels on top of the stereo cabinet in the living room.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I like upbeat Christmas music - whether traditional or contemporary.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    David Bowie's Little Drummer Boy.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's not Christmas until I pull out Bob Rivers' Twisted Christmas parody compilations. For years, that and jazz Christmas compilations were the majority of what we listened to up until the big day. My parents didn't think anything of it until one day in church, I started singing "The Restroom Door Said Gentlemen" instead of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." On Christmas Day itself, it was always Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Madonna, and the classics.
    And it's not Christmas season until December 1st, dammit! I've been hearing Christmas music in the farking grocery and drug stores since week before last and it pisses me off. At LEAST wait until Thanksgiving is over.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    I must be a freak because I am not a fan of any modern renditions of Christmas music. I am a traditional carol guy all the way.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gonna be a hard week.... I have lots of relatives from NC coming up to stay for the next 5 days, including 4 or 5 kids...... wish me luck.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast