Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 40

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You could be right..... but it's hard to want to eat more when you know you already weigh too much..... I cringe just about every time I go to eat.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Are you taking any vitamins and supplements? In addition to possibly eating too few calories, you might be missing something your body is craving(as in needs, not crazy-sugar-crack-craving). Are you keeping your variety up, or falling into a rut and having the same things frequently because you know they work?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    When I was in high school, a lot of kids didn't get cell phones until 16 or so. I know some people who waited until college to get them. Now, it seems like 13 or younger is pretty normal. I think starting off with a basic call/text phone is a good idea. None of us really need a smartphone, however convenient some of the apps might be. If it comes down to it, I will get rid of my smartphone to save costs, as long as I can find a phone with an OK camera.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Are you taking any vitamins and supplements? In addition to possibly eating too few calories, you might be missing something your body is craving(as in needs, not crazy-sugar-crack-craving). Are you keeping your variety up, or falling into a rut and having the same things frequently because you know they work?
    I don't take any supplements except the occasional whey protein shake and fish oil.

My variety is up but I do eat lots of chicken...... Over that last week I have eaten:

Pork ribs
    Chicken - 2 ways
    Rib-eye
    Tilapia

I eat salad a few days a week, up to 5 days. I eat veggies, with spinach and peppers being the ones I eat most. And in a week I might eat 2 pcs of fruit, usually pears or apples, but occasionally a banana.

I avoid potatoes, but not 100%. And I have been trying things that I have always hated.... zuchinni, brussel sprouts, and sweet potatoes ( still hate those 3, LOL, and will not be eating again )
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Then, if you want my two cents, I would suggest those two things: up your veggie variety, and consider eating more calories in general. There are plenty of sneaky ways to get more of vegetables(even ones you don't like) into your diet.

My favorites(although I love most veges) are sauteing a fine dice of various vegetables and making quiche or egg cups, pureeing same and adding to soup, dehydrating them and using them as chips to convey guacamole to your mouth(what's not to like?)

Also, I have noticed that if I make a meal warm and wet, it is more satisfying to me. Some people need a crunch. Don't discount what your BRAIN needs to feel satisfied, in addition to your stomach.

Hope you figure out what works for you, PrimalPapa. It is no fun being hungry.

Whoops, double post.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Consume more calories per meal. Cutting by 1000 is pretty dramatic, to be honest - even if you are "so overweight". You won't make the pounds fall off faster by cutting faster. It sounds intuitive, but it doesn't work that way.

Eat more veggies too.

Don't worry so much about calories overall. Just pick good quality foods. Eat when you're hungry. Eat til you're full. It really doesn't get any easier than that. I did that, plus walking 45 min 5x per week, and I lost 35 lbs effortlessly. Literally, it was effortless.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I have also found that fat and protein provide satiety.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Eat more meat or maybe add more fats to your diet. If you're hungry - EAT! This lifestyle isn't about starving.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    I have to bring something up... again, I have put on some pounds overnight.... I lost them before, but it took about 2 weeks... I have no idea why this happens.... I seem to be pretty hungry while eating this way. I am, for sure, eating less food, and less calories...

I was at Olive Garden yesterday for lunch, and I actually told them to keep the bread sticks in the kitchen. And I just had salad, and took out all the croutons ( my favorite part ).....

I haven't eaten any pasta. I watch my family eat bread, but I don't - not easy, trust me. There are days when all I want is a peanut butter sandwich on white bread with a glass of milk..... but I haven't done that.... And trust me, that is HUGE for me. Prior to PB, I could eat up to 3 PB sandwiches a day, and consume 16 or more ounces of milk a day PLUS still eat 3 meals with
    second helpings at dinner. And I ate lots of cheese.

So now, several weeks in, I wonder why I am so hungry. I am eating 2000 - 2500 calories a day. The calories I eat now are quality calories, so I shouldn't need as many. I used to eat 3000 - 3500 a day and maintain my weight, so how come I cut about 1000 calories a day, and I have so many plateaus?

And WHY AM I HUNGRY so often?

I do get my veggies, some fruit, and I have started working out at the YMCA about 3x a week.
    Health is Wealth!

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I have also found that fat and protein provide satiety.
    Oh, I agree.... but I have also found that the more fat I actually eat - especially in meat - the less I like it.

Not making excuses. Just a fact. I'm not wavering. But I would like better results.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast