Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 39

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Maybe its the cauliflower. I have that effect with anything in the cabbage family.
    That would be my best guess, but I eat cauliflower at least 2x a month w/o issue.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    One thing I have found is that things I could eat before Primal that didn't cause me issues then can give me problems now that i am eating completely differently.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

BearsBeetsBG is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    One thing I have found is that things I could eat before Primal that didn't cause me issues then can give me problems now that i am eating completely differently.
    True for me too. I don't know if it really had no issues before - but instead was just having so many different issues I didn't notice each individual one as it happened
    ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
    PSW (9/10/12) - 224
    CW (12/5/12) - 208
    GW - 160

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    2:28 AM.... insomnia... ugh..... I will never be one to get great sleep.
    Try Magnesium. I started out with 250 mg, then bumped up to 500 mg after a few weeks. I sleep like a log now as long as my kids don't disturb me.

I'm officially "primal" as of today. I cooked something in saved bacon grease.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by BearsBeetsBG View Post
    I really like chili, even without beans, but I always used to eat it over rice and now I'm having a hard time feeling like my chili meal is 'complete' without it. Cornbread was always tasty too. Perhaps cauliflower rice would give me what I mentally feel is missing?
    You can have rice if you don't have a negative reaction to it. Mark fully endorses rice as a "sometimes food".
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Dinner should be really good tonight.... baby back ribs with my own secret recipe rub. That, and a salad, and I'm good to go.... that said, I am also making pierogies for my family, and I will have to pass.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    In this thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread20327.html there is a glutenfree pierogee recipe. I think there is a really primal version on the forum as wel

Quote Originally Posted by paleodutch View Post
    In this thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread20327.html there is a glutenfree pierogee recipe. I think there is a really primal version on the forum as wel
    thanks.... will look later today.

So I just made a batch of Sweet Potato Bacon and Chive biscuits..... one might think they would be AWESOME, and super flavorful, but eh, not so much. I got the recipe from PaleOMG. I was thinking pure heaven, more like a nice purgatory, LOL.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Really nice day today.... I may have mentioned before that my twins are both in the gifted program at their middle school, but they got report cards today, and neither had anything less than an A-. But what made it special TO THEM, is that they got their grades online, and attached to the email was a PDF congratulating them for making the Honor Roll. They are pretty excited by that.

I wasn't going to do this, but now for Christmas, I think I will get them the phones they want... well, not the smartphones they want, but the basic call and text phone I will allow them to have. I'm not paying an extra $60 a month so they can have apps and internet ( that I can't monitor ). Besides, they can do apps and internet on their iPad Minis.... just using wifi.

We probably spoil our kids, but they really are awesome kids.... they get great grades, they are usually tremendously polite, and generally they are just fun to have around. The only downside is neither will give me a foot rub.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

I have to bring something up... again, I have put on some pounds overnight.... I lost them before, but it took about 2 weeks... I have no idea why this happens.... I seem to be pretty hungry while eating this way. I am, for sure, eating less food, and less calories...

I was at Olive Garden yesterday for lunch, and I actually told them to keep the bread sticks in the kitchen. And I just had salad, and took out all the croutons ( my favorite part ).....

I haven't eaten any pasta. I watch my family eat bread, but I don't - not easy, trust me. There are days when all I want is a peanut butter sandwich on white bread with a glass of milk..... but I haven't done that.... And trust me, that is HUGE for me. Prior to PB, I could eat up to 3 PB sandwiches a day, and consume 16 or more ounces of milk a day PLUS still eat 3 meals with
    second helpings at dinner. And I ate lots of cheese.

So now, several weeks in, I wonder why I am so hungry. I am eating 2000 - 2500 calories a day. The calories I eat now are quality calories, so I shouldn't need as many. I used to eat 3000 - 3500 a day and maintain my weight, so how come I cut about 1000 calories a day, and I have so many plateaus?

And WHY AM I HUNGRY so often?

I do get my veggies, some fruit, and I have started working out at the YMCA about 3x a week.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York

So now, several weeks in, I wonder why I am so hungry. I am eating 2000 - 2500 calories a day. The calories I eat now are quality calories, so I shouldn't need as many. I used to eat 3000 - 3500 a day and maintain my weight, so how come I cut about 1000 calories a day, and I have so many plateaus?

And WHY AM I HUNGRY so often?
    You might be hungry and hitting plateaus because you're too far below your calorie requirements--have you tried just hanging out at around a 500 calorie/day deficit, maybe even just a few hundred? That might well help with the plateaus and just keep you losing slowly but steadily. Probably help out your hunger, also.

Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast