Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 35

BearsBeetsBG is offline Junior Member
    It would only take about $100k to get me to quit. That's all we'd need to pay off some debt, finish some home repairs, and put some into savings, and then we could live on my husbands paychecks

He has no interest in not working, regardless of our lottery winnings.

That Cilantro Lime dressing sounds good. I have cilantro in the fridge... but no limes, and no peppers, and no fresh ginger... this makes me sad. Maybe next week after I've restocked the kitchen.

I just spent the last who-knows-how-long reading your entire journal... I don't normally post much. But, I started with primal just a week or two before you did. I have a husband who kinda (but not entirely) understands what I'm doing - but doesn't want to do it himself. He's forced into eating primal dinners because I do the cooking - but he's on his own for everything else, and I don't think he's about to give up his cereal, sandiwiches, or ice cream any time soon. Maybe after he sees me have a little more success... maybe not.

You're doing great. Keep it up.
    ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
    PSW (9/10/12) - 224
    CW (12/5/12) - 208
    GW - 160

geostump is offline Senior Member
    It would take me minimally $5 Mill to quit. My husband would quit regardless of the amount won, but it would take $5 Mill for me.
    Georgette

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Considering our debts (~$150K, including the house and student loans), and ongoing payments (cable, electricity, etc.), all it'd take to where we COULD quit working for good would be $500,000, not accounting for inflation. It'd take over $1 mil for us to comfortably quit our day jobs and continue the life we're accustomed to.
    I doubt either of us would though. We're the kind of people that needs something to keep us occupied, and self employment doesn't strike either of our fancy. I MIGHT, and claim to be a "writer," but in reality, I'd probably go down to half time and do that.
    That said, with the money from the Mega Millions, I'd probably set a good chunk aside for the future, then buy a chunk of ranchland, do my research, and start my self sufficient ranch. After that, and buying the luxury car I want (hey, for me, that's a Miata with all the bells and whistles,) and taking that tour of Europe, all 50 states, and setting foot on every continent (including Antarctica) and in every ocean (including the arctic and Indian), and setting aside college for potential future spawn, my niece, and paying off my sister's loans and what it'll take for her to finish school and get her eventual doctorate, I really don't know what I'd do with the rest of it. Maybe start a scholarship at my alma mater for white middle class engineering students, because there really aren't any.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    You read my entire journal? That's impressive, and I appreciate the fact that you took that time.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

OK, so I started a blog, I guess.... It isn't a commercial venture. And I just made it a few minutes ago. Hopefully I can figure out how to make the site what I want it to be.

BTW, if anybody is computer graphic talented, and would like to help me make a real basic logo, I sure could use the help.... I'm thinking of just a picture of a caveman cooking over fire, with a "C" on his chest.... like imagine something Fred Flintstone would wear, with a big C on the chest. I want to replace the current picture at the top of the page, which, of course, is not me.

Click the 2nd link below to see the site.
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 11-07-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Hey PP!
    I checked out the blog - looks great so far! I look forward to reading more posts as you write them! Congrats on getting it started!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    Hey PP!
    I checked out the blog - looks great so far! I look forward to reading more posts as you write them! Congrats on getting it started!
    Thank you.... so right now I am using the free version, which means I can't post any video or audio clips. I can, apparently link videos to youtube, I think, in the free version. If I can make this work, I very well may go ahead and pay for the "pro" version. I am actually surprised that I have a website that looks this good with the skills that I have. I really want to know how to make a decent website so I don't have to pay people to do it.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Not my normal breakfast today, but a nice change. I had about a 7 ounce chicken breast, laid over 2 over easy eggs. Then on the side I placed some of that cilantro - lime dressing... see, I had 2 eggs left in the carton, and a leftover piece of chicken.... I eat whatever is handy, especially in the morning.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    That said, with the money from the Mega Millions, I'd probably set a good chunk aside for the future, then buy a chunk of ranchland, do my research, and start my self sufficient ranch.
    Will you be my bugout location?

We were talking about the FIRST thing you would do if you won the lottery one day...the winning answer was "change my phone number".
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Damn, I love my phone number. It's so easy to remember (for other people). I'd hate to lose it, but that's a good call.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast