Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 33

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'd be the one to call children's services. What would happen if the girl was raped, beaten or even dare I say it, murdered. I'm sorry, but something needs to happen to those "parents".
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I think those parents are just asking for trouble. The chiquita is doing what she can, but that's not how she should hafta do it. I'd say call the parents out on it (and get as many people to back you as possible) and when that goes over like a lead balloon, call CPS.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'd be the one to call children's services. What would happen if the girl was raped, beaten or even dare I say it, murdered. I'm sorry, but something needs to happen to those "parents".
    I wasn't even thinking so much about your scenario, but more along the lines of "who is actually raising this girl"?...... It's amazing that she is turning out to be such a good kid since she isn't really getting much parenting.... Her mother died a few years ago. I never met her, but I heard she was a great mom. The father has remarried to a woman he met at the country club... Strangely enough, they both work for the IRS, though in vastly different areas.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    I wasn't even thinking so much about your scenario, but more along the lines of "who is actually raising this girl"?...... It's amazing that she is turning out to be such a good kid since she isn't really getting much parenting.... Her mother died a few years ago. I never met her, but I heard she was a great mom. The father has remarried to a woman he met at the country club... Strangely enough, they both work for the IRS, though in vastly different areas.
    That explains a lot. Sounds like her bio mom did a good job with her. The dad sounds like he just wants to cater to the new wife and screw the kid.
    Georgette

On another note, I may vote for whoever calls me less between now and Tuesday. I am so tired of political phone calls..... I just had a recorded message from the DAUGHTER of someone running for something - who sounds like she is about 15 years old - telling me why I should vote for her dad.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    On another note, I may vote for whoever calls me less between now and Tuesday. I am so tired of political phone calls..... I just had a recorded message from the DAUGHTER of someone running for something - who sounds like she is about 15 years old - telling me why I should vote for her dad.
    This is why I disconnected my home phone and won't list my cell phone with the political parties. Now, if I could just leave Ohio and not have to deal with all the political ads.
    Georgette

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    Sadly, CPS wouldnt do anything about the 14 year old. 14 year olds can stay home alone legally. It is a sad case, though. I went through hell to have my two babies and I just dont understand parents who dont cherish their children. I feel like a terrible mom if I plop them down in front of 2 movies in a row on a Sunday just to get some housework done. They are 2 and 4 and sometimes it is easier to distract them than to let them "help." You guys are being a great source of support for this poor girl. At least she knows there are good people and good families in the world. Her dad should be knocked up side the head with something heavy. *sigh
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

I'm thinking about making Posole'. Not sure it is "legal" tho...... what do you think?

EDIT..... looks like a sub to squash is in order, instead of hominy.
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 11-05-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I give the girl credit! She could be seeking out "bad kids" to hang out with - instead she's seeking out stable families who know how to take care of their kids. It's a shame she doesn't get more attention from her own parents. My parents didn't disappear for the whole day, but they'd be gone every weekend evening until closing time. I think my sister and I started staying home without a sitter after I turned 10 (she was 8). Drove my dad crazy (parents divorced) and sometimes he'd come and pick us up if he didn't have something else going on that didn't allow for kids (he wasn't a partier, so that wasn't what would preclude our participating).

Some parents just don't get it. My sister is a bar fly with 2 kids. DH and I stay home with ours or if we go out, we take them with us or leave them with grandparents who spoil them instead of babysitters who text and watch tv. Just differences in priorities, I guess.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Just back from voting. I haven't seen it as crowded as today EVER.

Anyway, another day of gastric issues. It is getting rather tiresome.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast