Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 32

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Glad y'all are ok.
    Geo- Here's that casserole I mentioned. Use a Primal cream of chicken and you're in like Flynn.
    This is my hashbrown casserole! I just came up with it one day. It actually has a real name!
    Georgette

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Sorry I haven't been on.... been under the wxr with a bad sinus infection. Can barely think, let alone type out coherent thoughts.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

I must be the absolute sexiest 50 year old fat man alive..... Both Ann Romney and Michelle Obama called me today. Of course they were just recorded messages, that I instantly deleted, but had I listened, I am SURE they were going to tell me how they would ravish me and help me reach new sexual destinations....... I mean, really, what else could they want?
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    I must be the absolute sexiest 50 year old fat man alive..... Both Ann Romney and Michelle Obama called me today. Of course they were just recorded messages, that I instantly deleted, but had I listened, I am SURE they were going to tell me how they would ravish me and help me reach new sexual destinations....... I mean, really, what else could they want?
    Maybe some of your kick ass recipes?
    Georgette

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    love it!

I think men in their 50's are sexy. I work with a 55 year old man that I find damn sexy. Just throwing that one out there.
    Georgette

So today is a good day, finally. I feel much better. And I finally lost that "mysterious" weight gain.... not sure how that ever happened, and why it stayed around so long. I have thought about this and what I really need - I think - is a lot more exercise... and by that I think I need another 7 or 8 hours a week.

I frequently find myself wide awake at 5 AM. The YMCA opens at 5 AM. And I was told by a life guard that the pools are open at that time, but barely used. I think I will start heading to the Y for some early morning swimming, and follow it up with a walk around the indoor track, a few days a week. I enjoy swimming but I hate it when the pools are too filled to do laps..... the Y does have a laps pool, but I am not a strong swimmer, and I worry that I might get 1/2way through a lap and get too tired to finish.... and the water in the lap pool is over my head. I can go from one end to the other, take a small break, and then reverse..... but I can't do a full lap without stopping.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Can I rant about bad parents, please?

I mentioned before about the girl next to us who is nothing but trouble..... but on the other side of my house, we have this absolutely wonderful almost 14 year old girl. ( she doesn't often play with my kids, who are 11, but she is very nice to them, and does sometimes play with them. )

I really wish she spent more time with my kids as she is just a terrific kid, but the age difference is too significant, I guess.

Anyway, her parents are "country club snobs". In fact, the dad once actually said to me - I kid you not not - that he wanted to live more among "his quality of people"...... Now understand that we live in a really nice area.... our development is filled with 3500 SF homes built on 1 acre lots. Nobody drives beat up cars. People keep their properties in good shape. A veryy nice area.

OK, so, the parents go to the country club EVERY SINGLE Saturday and Sunday.... and they leave their daughter at home alone from 6 AM - to whenever they get home, which is usually around 11 PM..... So, in the last month or so, I found out that this girl just shows up at people's homes on Saturday and Sunday... She will text somebody and ask if it is OK to come over and spend the day. She goes to about 4 people's homes regularly.

And the people feed her, and take her places, and her parents don't even know, or care, it seems. ( though she does text her parents about most stuff ).... People pay her way into movies and such. We do this as well, because she really is an excellent kid. Her parents don't even leave her money to pay for stuff.

Just last night, she texted my wife and asked if she could come over because she was bored, and we had her over for dinner. Then we had her stay for family game night, where we included another family from the development. It was a blast.... However, after the girl went home, the mom of the family told us that this girl has been floating around on the weekends for a few years now. She said that the girl is at her house at least 4 weekend days a month, and usually spends most of the day with her family.

OK, I am rambling. This girl is so nice, and I feel like this is almost criminal neglect.

True fast story..... On Friday night our development had delayed Halloween because of Sandy. The parents left her at home to give out candy. I guess she had had enough because she came over to our house and asked my wife to make her a fast Halloween costume, and she took my kids trick or treating, leaving her own home with the candy on the front steps, telling kids to take what they wanted ( she made a poster and put it next to the candy ).

I just don't get how people can be such bad parents. If it wasn't illegal, I would probably be one to "knock some sense" into the idiot father's brain.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    At least she is assertive enough to go and get some family life on her own. Your neighbors (the ones including her in their family life) sound like good folk. Hope everyone can keep keeping an eye out for her.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK, feel like I need some veggies in me. So tonight I am making a Bok Choy stir fry.

Ingredients:

1 head of bok choy
    2 cloves of garlic or 1 TBS garlic paste ( I get mine at the Indian marketplace... cheaper than grocery store )
    1 TBS grated ginger.... maybe a little less.... too much ginger ruins stuff for me
    1 TBS oil.... I might try coconut oil for this one tonight... should go very well, tho I usually use olove oil
    2 TBS coconut aminos
    sat and pepper to taste

Give the ginger and garlic a minute in the hot oil. Add the bok choy, and cook til desired "wiltedness" ( I make words up to suit me ) then add salt and pepper to your liking.

Optional: You can add onions and peppers to the saute. But I would saute them before the ginegr and garlic as I wouldn't want the garlic to burn.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast