Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 30

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I've just never been a fan of green bean cassrole. Tastes foul to me. I prefer salt pork green beans. I do however, love me some sour cream potato casserole. That stuff's awesome.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Sour Cream Potato Casserole? Do tell?
    Georgette

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    So last night I was at a Halloween party and I was sitting at a table with mostly women. They were talking about exercise, when one started talking about how her sister was doing something called the "caveman diet".... She went on to say that her sister was really doing well on it and had lost a lot of weight. But then the story took a funny / sad story depending on how you take this.

Her sister was babysitting one night at a friend's house.And after she put the baby to bed she went looking for a snack.... not finding anything that fit her diet, she looked in the freezer and found a new box of mini "Drum Sticks", ice cream cones. So, she had one..... and then had another, and another, and another, and another....... until when she was done she had eaten 14 of these mini ice cream cones.... and after getting home she proceeded to get sick and stay sick for almost 3 days.

The lady telling the story was laughing. I wanted to say that I was on that way of eating, but I decided to remain silent rather than get into any kind of heated discussion with someone I really didn't know. Not that I would have, but who knows how the discussion may have gone..... I know many a person who has been ridiculed for eating low carbs.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    I know what you mean PP! At first I was quite open about eating Primal when people commented on my weight loss, but after many a time when the response was less than positive I have since become very selective with who I let know about my eating choices. Most of the time I find people come up with their own "reason" for why I could possibly not want bread or pasta and I am more than happy to let them come up with a reason that works for them.

I found most people look to shoot holes in this lifestyle by spouting off tidbits of CW. Often if you try to counter their point of view they respond with the time tested and true line "but they're the experts, I think they know what they are talking about." Many don't seem interested in hearing "This works for me. I feel a thousand times better eating this way then I every have before and I'm losing weight like never before." So many people seem to think this is just a diet and "you can't possibly eat this way forever and when you stop all the weight will come back." I've heard all of it and it used to frustrate me until I realized I'm doing this for me and I don't need to explain it to anyone else.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

So, hurricane Sandy is definitely on the way. I still think it won't be as bad as predicted. For my area they are saying 60 - 80 MPH winds with 8"- 10" of rain... The worst is supposed to start after 9PM, last I heard. We already have gad about 1" of rain, and winds are gusting to about 30 MPH, I guess. We have cooler chests full of ice. We have candles and flashlights. And we have plenty to drink. My biggest concern is that our electrical system - like the whole area - is rather dated, and we are prone to minor power outages. Plus we live near majorly wooded areas, and you know the trees will be falling.

BTW, Today starts week 5.....
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Stay safe, PP!

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Hope the storm does not do too much damage in your area PP! Stay safe!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

geostump is offline Senior Member
    We haven't lost power where I live(knock on wood) and we usually lose it before other parts of central Ohio. We're being downgraded to a High Wind Advisory. Whatever is going on your area, just be safe.
    Georgette

We came through relatively unscathed..... no power for 14 hours. And the wind trashed our grill, but other than that, no big deal.... TONS of trees down in the area, though. In fact, fallen trees were why we lost power. Now it is just a yucky day. Supposed to be much nicer tomorrow.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm glad you're all okay, PP!

Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast