Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 29

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey PP! I spent my downtime at work reading your journal. That's what happens when your in training at a new job.

Anywho, I want to say congrats on what you've accomplished thus far. You're daughters are adorable. I've been on and off primal for about 2 years and this week, I've made my commitment to stay primal for as long as I possibly can. I'm asthmatic and have pretty nasty year round allergies. I've always known that gluten seems to be a trigger for me, but I've fought giving up dairy. I'm very much limiting my dairy consumption. Not fully giving it up, but limiting my consumption to a few times a week.

In regards to Thanksgiving, have what you like. It's one day. I have seen some people post recipes on primalizing green bean casserole. You may also be able to do a google search on it as well. I'm going to have pumpkin pie and oyster stuffing, but plan on using pecans as the crust and gf bread from a bakery to use towards the stuffing. Will definitely be back to check your page out.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    LOL, Jenn, it is 12:10 AM and I want to go cook now! I will ABSOLUTELY make a few of those on Thanksgivng!
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

I am hoping all my east coast friends make out fine with Hurricane Sandy. I live about 35 mile west of CC Philly, and if wunderground is to be believed, it won't be so bad in my area... Over 3 days they have a prediction of 4+ inches of rain and 25 - 45 MPH hour winds. No big deal at all if that is the case. Of course local weather people have been trying to frighten the hell outta people in the name of ratings. ( I worked in TV for 20 years, but not in news.... I have scruples ) I used to know a weather guy who did TV and radio... and he actually got extra pay when he said "blizzard" on the air...... I have witnessed news directors and producers "nudge" the weather people to exaggerate on the severity of weather. Anyway, it's been a pretty cool week... I played volleyball on Thrusday night for the 1st time in 25 years, and I had so much fun, I will be joining adult volleyball at the YMCA.

Went to a fun adults only Halloween party last night, and had a good time. The only bad part of the week was waking up this morning and being sick as a dog..... Sore throat, sinus congestion and pain, and just a general fogginess in my head. I get this 2x a year, and it's brutal for about 5 days until the meds knock it out.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

I know you mentioned you like green bean casserole. I found a gluten free cream of mushroom soup that I'm going to try in mine and I even got it at my local Kroger.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    See, I had no idea green bean casserole was a "thing" as compared to just a general concept. What on earth is it?

Growing up, green beans were something you ate with a little bit of butter, salt, and pepper, so please forgive my non-American ignorance (I was also horrified to learn about marshmallows on sweet potatoes since I grew up with them baked and eaten with butter).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Essentially, tho there are variations... it is ( usually ) canned green beans covered with cream of mushroom soup, and then covered with those dried onion sticks, baked in the oven.

All bad for us.... but still one of my favorite things in the world to eat.... It's a love it or hate it kinda thing.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

I have to make it for my oldest daughter. She adores the stuff and really, so do I for that matter. I'm thinking of making it this year with onions good in bacon versus the French's fried onions. I think that would make it mucho better.

Jeffybear is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm thinking of making it this year with onions good in bacon versus the French's fried onions. I think that would make it mucho better.
    Now that sounds really good with crumbled up bacon on it. I love some green bean casserole, but have passed on it since going primal. Sure sounds good though.
    Primal since 27 August 2012
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffybear View Post
    Now that sounds really good with crumbled up bacon on it. I love some green bean casserole, but have passed on it since going primal. Sure sounds good though.
    And now that I've found gluten free cream of mushroom soup, I feel even better about it.

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast