Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 28

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    How do you make rice stuffing?
    I do it with wild rice cooked in fowl broth, mixed with crumbled sausage, onion, garlic and herbs.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Yes, pretty much the same here except no sausage and some diced celery and carrots (mirepoix, basically). You can use white or wild rice. Really, the bread or rice is mostly there to absorb flavors from the turkey and seasonings, and I quite like it with rice.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I think I'm going to steal y'all's recipes for rice stuffing. Sounds delish!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    I'm late to the party...but wanted to say hi and keep going, even if your weight loss isnt fast and steady. I didnt lose weight when I started back in June and have only just now started to lose anything. Just concentrate on how much better you feel and how big your old clothes are.

Also, have you ever tried making your own sausage? I get 80/20 ground pork and mix sage, marjoram and red pepper flakes together and it makes a great sausage with no fillers and no sugar or salt. Since you dont like salty bacon for breakfast. It would go great in a breakfast casserole.

And I played WOW on Scarlet Crusade, but gave it up back in January when SWTOR came out, and then gave up gaming alltogether when grad school got too demanding. Wishing I had to time to roll up a Panda...but didnt even buy the expansion this time. I miss Vanilla WOW, to be honest. I dont eat chicken fat, though.
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
    I'm late to the party...but wanted to say hi and keep going, even if your weight loss isnt fast and steady. I didnt lose weight when I started back in June and have only just now started to lose anything. Just concentrate on how much better you feel and how big your old clothes are.

Also, have you ever tried making your own sausage? I get 80/20 ground pork and mix sage, marjoram and red pepper flakes together and it makes a great sausage with no fillers and no sugar or salt. Since you dont like salty bacon for breakfast. It would go great in a breakfast casserole.

And I played WOW on Scarlet Crusade, but gave it up back in January when SWTOR came out, and then gave up gaming alltogether when grad school got too demanding. Wishing I had to time to roll up a Panda...but didnt even buy the expansion this time. I miss Vanilla WOW, to be honest. I dont eat chicken fat, though.
    Funny you say that. I have a book on how to make sausage, and have never attempted it. I also have the Kitchenaid mixer with the attachment to grind meat, but have never used it.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

It would probably taste better if you ground a pork butt or somthing. I just use the pre-ground pork I buy at the grocery store and mix it by hand. I googled breakfast sausage recipes and then tried a few. I wish I could make link sausage, but too much work.
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have a bit of ground pork in the freezer from a pig we had gifted to us a couple years ago by DH's grandma. I wrote the spices down so I can try your mixture, Periwinkle. I love sausage but don't love all the crap that gets added to it, and I've recently learned that my semi-chain grocery is going to stop carrying the 99% paleo stuff I'd found (ok, it's not paleo b/c it's likely made from CAFO meat, but it's paleo otherwise).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I got my recipe off homesicktexan.blogspot.com/...I think search for breakfast sausage. I dont remember how much of each spice. Sometimes I just wing it and I use less red pepper flakes b/c I dont like it spicey. It has to be 80/20 b/c the leaner pork doesnt fry right. Makes me want some now too...
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I make pork sausage patties regularly. I switch up the spices but almost always include sage, thyme, and some allspice in the mix.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
    It would probably taste better if you ground a pork butt or somthing. I just use the pre-ground pork I buy at the grocery store and mix it by hand. I googled breakfast sausage recipes and then tried a few. I wish I could make link sausage, but too much work.
    I just happen to have about 12 pounds of that right now. I was planning on smoking it all for a Halloween party I am attending on Saturday night, but maybe I will keep 2 - 3 pounds and finally try to make sausage. I actually own an old fashioned hand grinder. I use it as a decoration, but it really works, or so I was told when I bought it.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast