Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 27

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    How are you clothes fitting? Your weight may fluctuate (if you had such significant losses before, it could just be water retention) from time to time. More salt? Less salt? Sleeping okay? I know that weight is an easy and helpful marker for healthy progress, but there are more signs to look for, as long as you do not FEEL like you've gained fat.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Throw away the scale and use a tape measure. The fancy scales that they use in medical clinics have to be calibrated regularly; the cheap ones that you buy in the store can't be calibrated and are often wrong, even from one time to the next.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Throw away the scale and use a tape measure. The fancy scales that they use in medical clinics have to be calibrated regularly; the cheap ones that you buy in the store can't be calibrated and are often wrong, even from one time to the next.
    What she said. I hate my scale. It's garbage. I can get on and off 15 times in 5 minutes and it'll give me a different read each time - sometimes off by as much as 5 lbs from the last time I stepped on 3 seconds before.

The scale is a decent measure to see how you've done over time, like a long period of time, but it's not reliable. Plus, our bodies are so finnicky and will hold water at the drop of a hat. Chances are, you could get on again tomorrow and find all 6 lbs gone. Don't let it get you down. You're doing everything right. Likely you had one ingredient in your day yesterday that caused a reaction that resulted in water retention.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post

I get that, but I do know that my scale was always within 1 pound of my doctor's scale..... they keep one in the hallway and I can just drop in any time and use it. In fact, I can even have them record my weight as often as I like. They have a computer there where you can log your own weight.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Grannysmith is offline Junior Member
    That's what I was doing and I soon became allergic to them. Really sucked because I loved them so much. I had read you should only eat something once during a day, So 6 eggs in one sitting VS 2 eggs three times a day will help prevent allergies.
    One of my favorite breakfast now is Leg of lamb fried in coconut oil with a couple slices of bacon cooked in the same pan. Good stuff, but trying going out to eat when you canít have eggs or Grains for Breakfast, good thing I donít do that to often.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    1. If I eat some salty foods, I will retain pounds of water for several days...
    2. If I exercise to the point of muscle soreness I will retain pounds of water...
    3. If I Lose weight more than 2 -3 pounds a week, the extra is usually water...Which will come back if No. 1 or No.2 occur.

Speaking of No. 1 and No. 2, both of them affect weight as well.

Still, I weigh myself every day. Just know you haven't gained 6 lbs. of FAT in a week. Water or muscle or poo are not to be worried over.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    What he said...

About this girl... is this the same girl who told your girls you were fat?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Bull crap. I'm a celiac, and I've made bread stuffing every year since I went GF. You just get several loaves of GF bread, let it dry out until it's brittle, then use it the same way you would regular bread.

ETA: Plus I'm fairly certain that one of the local hippie-marts was carrying a GF stuffing mix last year.
    I don't bother with GF bread. We did it one year, but the stuff is stupidly expensive, and I make a killer rice stuffing. I'm not spending $5 a loaf on bread just to make stuffing. Also, have you looked at the ingredient list on a lot of the commercial GF breads? No thanks.

If I'm going to bother, I'll buy the really good sourdough rice bread from the local artisan bakery, and I can tell you that it's far too good to waste on stuffing.
    ďIf I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.Ē --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    What he said...

About this girl... is this the same girl who told your girls you were fat?
    No, that one lives across the street from our development. I have never seen her since that day.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I don't bother with GF bread. We did it one year, but the stuff is stupidly expensive, and I make a killer rice stuffing. I'm not spending $5 a loaf on bread just to make stuffing. Also, have you looked at the ingredient list on a lot of the commercial GF breads? No thanks.

If I'm going to bother, I'll buy the really good sourdough rice bread from the local artisan bakery, and I can tell you that it's far too good to waste on stuffing.
    But it can be done. And it is quite tasty.

How do you make rice stuffing?

Hubby is requesting that I make multiple batches of cornbread so he can make stuffing GF.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast