Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 21

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I like to shred cabbage and stir fry it in water with dried pepper flakes. Then when it's done, I drizzle it with sesame oil and usually use it as a bed for fish or shrimp. I sometimes add broco-slaw too. Yummo.

Don't cook the sesame oil though... it's only meant to be used as a dressing. Doesn't do well with heat.

You can also toss in some ground beef. The Eating for Life cookbook has a recipe similar to this.

And rice is ok... in moderation. Like no more than 3 times a month or so. Mark says rice is a grass, not a grain.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Aili is offline Senior Member

I've been lurking.....and enjoying you et al in these posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    I forgot to add, that I hope to rejoin the YMCA this weekend, but I have one helluva busy schedule on Friday and Saturday. I have a lot to do around the house tomorrow, and then I have t DJ a grade school costume dance. On Saturday we are going to a wine and food festival ( paid for before I started primal )....That is in the afternoon, and then I am going to go chaperone a CYO dance for a local school.
    Sounds like a busy life! I am interested in your posts because some years ago, a child said that about me in a public space and it turned me; she was right. I was fat although always active and without health issues.
    The oreo package in your cupboard can stay there until your family decides not to have it. What has helped me (although I do have support) is that each time I have a yen for something (not very often any more after 1.5 years) to ask myself, "What is it about right now that is causing me to consider having something that I know is harming my body?" Years ago I read a book by Janine Roth (don't recall the title right off) about compulsive behaviours and how she overcame binge eating. At the time I used her ideas to quit smoking, and did not crave a smoke since.
    Keep it up Primal Papa and have a great weekend!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    What tempts me is when hubby makes his microwave popcorn. He buys the "natural" variety, no strange chemicals in the ingredients, and it smells soooo good when it's freshly popped.

But when I cave in and eat a small handful, it tastes nasty! So whenever I smell it, I just have to remind myself that it tastes nasty!

I do, however, rarely (maybe once every six weeks) make old-fashioned popcorn on the stovetop with organic kernels, using coconut oil and I put real butter and sea salt on it. I enjoy every bite and put it in my 10% category!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Primal Papa, as far as cabbage goes--I like to shred it and eat it like salad. Not cole slaw (which is also good), but I mix in about half-and-half with regular lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, etc., and use an oil/vinegar dressing.

It's also good boiled for just a minute or two, then eat it with salt, pepper, and butter!

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    I would like to know how it is made a some Chinese restaurants... you know, where they put it in a bowl on your table instead of those fried noodles.

On a non primal note... it was a VERY hard nite of DJing. The kids were well behaved, but at the same time, brutally hard in their constant requesting of songs.... like if they requested it, and you didn't play it the next song, they would be right back asking why not. Plus I got requested to play Gangnum Style about 100x... at least. They would be requesting LITERALLY 2 songs after I played it.

Rough night.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Azure is offline Junior Member
    So, how many times did you give in and play it? And is it still playing in your head today?

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    So, how many times did you give in and play it? And is it still playing in your head today?
    Played it 3x.... once per hour. My head is OK, but my back is killing me from carrying all my gear so far. Let's just say that I wasn't told the truth about how far my car would be parked to where I had to bring my gear. It was probably 4x farther away than I was led to believe.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

This is where we are headed today....

Gourmet Shows - 2012 TASTE Philadelphia Festival of Food, Wine and Spirits!

A food, wine, and spirits show.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    This is where we are headed today....

Gourmet Shows - 2012 TASTE Philadelphia Festival of Food, Wine and Spirits!

A food, wine, and spirits show.
    I wanna go!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I wanna go!
    You probably would have been disappointed. I know I was. The place was jam packed, and about 10% of the vendors weren't even there. They had booths but the booths were 100% empty. Sampling of foods was almost impossible due to the lines. And it was even worse in the alcohol area, but I did get a shot of a nice tequilla. I don't drink wine, but the wine lovers swarmed the place like they were all in one big party.

Plus, and this kind of pissed me off.... they had vendors there that had NOTHING to do with food / wine.... a cell phone company was there... a cigar store, a company for back massages.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast