Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 20

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The BLT idea sounds great - I plan on giving it a try. As for support, I find my better half is very supportive although not on the primal plan so to speak. Some of my other family member however are not the most supportive. I think they try to be supportive but CW gets in the way as they have been brainwashed that fats are bad for you. I talked to my doctor about the PB way of life and he said its a bad idea. People need to eat from all of the food groups to be healthy. Then in the same breath he said guys like us (he's heavy too) shouldn't eat grain and bread as our bodies can't metabolize it as efficiently as skinnier people. Sometimes I think he doesn't even listen to what he is saying! Anyway I think most people are not out to sabotage us but their lack of knowledge about how we are trying to live our lives gets in the way of them being helpful. Still I feel for you when someone eats your old favorite foods right in front of you that's not helping! Hang in there it does get easier. As someone who deviated from the PB lifestyle - its easier to preserve and keep on track than it is to get back on track once you have strayed.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Azure is offline Junior Member
    Have you tried making fried "rice" with cauliflower? I remember hearing about it a while ago. I think it was put in a food processor until the cauliflower bits were about the size of grains of rice. Not sure how good it is, but it may be worth trying.

Do you think your wives don't want you losing weight/getting into better shape or just don't understand this way of doing it?

Jeffybear is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Do you think your wives don't want you losing weight/getting into better shape or just don't understand this way of doing it?
    My wife simply doesn't understand (or believe) this way. I'm sure she wants me to lose weight...and she's gonna love it when I get to my goal weight...
    Primal since 27 August 2012
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member

I honestly don't know.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

yourdebness is offline Junior Member
    Is it that your wives have never been overweight and don't know what the weightloss struggle is about?

PP - I can't imagine your wife is doing it intentionally, perhaps she doesn't realize how fragile you are right now, maybe the simple fix is just to mention to her how you feel about food right now.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried making fried "rice" with cauliflower? I remember hearing about it a while ago. I think it was put in a food processor until the cauliflower bits were about the size of grains of rice. Not sure how good it is, but it may be worth trying.
    Fried Rice |

I haven't tried it.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Ah, never thought of cauliflower as rice for fried rice... that would work... sadly, tho not so much, I made 2 HUGE heads of faux potatoes with the cauliflower I have here. But it definitely sounds like a plan. And I have - no lie - the biggest head of cannage sitting in my fridge. I like cabbage, but don't love it so I don't know what to make. I am telling you this thing is WAY BIGGER than a bowling ball.

Anyway, another day staying on plan. Though it was heard when I came in from shopping and there was an open package of Oreos on the kitchen island. It's bad enough it is in the house; I need them to put it away.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

I forgot to add, that I hope to rejoin the YMCA this weekend, but I have one helluva busy schedule on Friday and Saturday. I have a lot to do around the house tomorrow, and then I have t DJ a grade school costume dance. On Saturday we are going to a wine and food festival ( paid for before I started primal )....That is in the afternoon, and then I am going to go chaperone a CYO dance for a local school.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Azure is offline Junior Member
    Good for you for resisting the oreos! Sounds like my house. Last night my husband was trying to tease me with ice cream.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cauliflower rice is great. It was the first thing I made when my Honey bought me a food processor; being able to grate a whole head in a flash really helps.

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast