Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 2

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oops, just read that you didn't want to eat much bacon. Maybe shop around, some bacon is saltier than others. (At least it's that way over here in Austria.)

If you want to avoid eggs, there are other options. You can have left-over dinner for breakfast. Most days, I have different types of sliced salami or deli meats, sometimes I eat this with cheese. Or you could go for a Bulletproof Coffee if you're a coffee drinker.

Best thing is to read Mark's book, or posts (as was mentioned earlier), to get guidance on what to eat. Dont' listen to the rest of us too much until you have a solid basis for what this way of eating is.

hunneme is offline Junior Member
    Ouch,
    That little girl is mean! It is probably a great things that your girls want to end their association with her. It is probably a learned behavior, but a dangerous thing to judge people based upon appearance and diet.

On the other hand, good for you making positive changes that can/will affect the rest of your life. It will be wonderful for you to have the extra energy to chase your children. Don't obsess about the numbers, but instead concentrate on how great you will feel. I have only been primal for 3 weeks, but am very happy to see my waist again. Keep up the good work Papa. You make us parents proud!

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what bulletproof coffee is, but it sounds like something I can sure use right now! Until today, I was drinking about 18 ounces of coffee most days if I had coffee, and up to 30 ounces on weekend days.... iced coffee with lots of flavored creamers. I know those days are over, and while I will miss those big iced coffees, I think I will be happy to not feel like I need them to get through the day.
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 09-24-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Here's a link that explains Bulletproof Coffee. Or you can just search "Bulletproof Coffee" in the forum, there seem to be a bunch of posts about it.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread47083.html

Enjoy!

OMG, that sounds positively..... awful! lol. Just the thought of that might end my desire for coffee.... but thank you for supplying the answer.

Lissee, do you have a journal that I could read?

OK, bad thing just happened, and I probably should go to the hospital, but I can't / won't..... I just took a deep chunk of skin from my palm when I accidentally jammed the blade from one of those Ninja food processors into my palm. Lots of blood..... but kids are on the way home from school, and wife is out of town. So I covered 2 gauze bandages in Neosporin, and taped it all up. I'm a pretty good healer, but I know it is going to be really sore later on... really sore.

OK,, lunch for today:

Smoothie:

1 TBS almond butter
    1/2 TBS coconut oil
    2 cups water
    6 ice cubes
    1 scoop whey protein powder

I also had, about an hour prior:

1 cup chopped chicken breast
    1/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
    3 TBS homemade salsa

Dinner will be a challenge due to the huge slice in my palm. Cooking skills will be greatly diminished, I believe.

Wish me luck.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Ouch! Hands bleed a lot, hope it all turns out okay. Make sure to keep it clean! Good luck.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Aaaack! I'm cringing re: your hand. *eeek* Two weeks ago, I actually sliced my finger while washing one of my beautiful wustoff knives. It's slow healing.

The nurse at the med unit said that it it turned red, hot and swollen to come back for antibiotics. So I'd pass along the same to you. If it looks infected go to the doctors office.

No, I don't really have a journal per se. I tried, twice now.... My current semi-journal is an exercise journal.... which is languishing from lack of updating. How many times can I write, yes, I walked two miles today.... You know? But I'm joining in on the october Primal 30 thread which is going to be more focused on exercise. So maybe I'll update more frequently. We'll see.

Here's my exercise journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65438.html

Good luck w/the hand!

So, I think I should post my goals.....

1. Get off my butt and work out 3 - 4x a week, for about 45 minutes per.
    2. ULTIMATELY, to get off my diabetes meds.
    3. To be able to get off some of my heart meds
    4. Get to 180 pounds by this time next year.... I'm about 285 now

In the short term, I would like to lose 30 pounds by 2013.

I have always considered 13 to be my lucky number. so hopefully 2013 will be my lucky year.

So, tonight, hand all bandaged up, I really couldn't cook... So dinner was 2 links of Hot Italian Sausage. I know that primal isn't Atkins, but I get the same thoughts...... "Man, that sausage is not healthy for you."

Hopefully, tomorrow, my hand is good enough to let me chop stuff, make a salad......

So, as far as day one, I think I am done eating for the day. I was 100% primal. Not bad for a day when I woke up and almost talked myself out of starting the primal lifestyle. I do need to get shopping for some fresh veggies tomorrow for sure. I wish I had started this in the early summer, as all my homegrown veggies were starting to grow / ripen. I had these Cherokee tomatoes that just blew me away when eaten raw, and I am not a raw tomato fan, tho I do love fresh salsa.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast