Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 19

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    TCates, Primal Papa is diabetic.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Not much to say today... all is good, but I wanted to check in anyway.

Today is day 17.... 10.10.12

Was busy today painting my daughter's bathroom. Then I started in on doing laundry. Now I am trying to decide what to make for dinner. For sure I am making faux mashed potatoes from cauliflower, in fact, 2 very large heads worth of them. I just love 'em!

I have (2) two pound bags of mixed veggies in the freezer. I'm trying to figure out what to do with those. I used to make stews with flour to thicken.... and I don't do that anymore. I also used to make chicken pot pies, and I don't do those anymore. And worst of all, I used to make fried rice! I can get by in life without ever having fried rice again, but I sure did LOVE it.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Owly is offline Senior Member
    You could play with making a chicken "pot pie" with a mashed cauliflower top, sort of like a variation on a shepherd's pie.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I have been using arrowroot flour to thicken stews. Love it! When I'm out I have used rice flour or potato flour but far prefer the arrowroot.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    You could play with making a chicken "pot pie" with a mashed cauliflower top, sort of like a variation on a shepherd's pie.
    Nice thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I have been using arrowroot flour to thicken stews. Love it! When I'm out I have used rice flour or potato flour but far prefer the arrowroot.
    I never thought of arrowroot!

OK, so tonight was a HUGE test for me, and I won!!!!

We went to my favorite Italian place... where the pasta dishes rock, and they bring out fresh garlic knots.

As a table, we shared a dozen chicken wings between the four of us. I had salad, and for my entree, I had portabello mushrooms, with spinach, roasted peppers. chopped garlic, and provolone on top.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Jeffybear is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    ..... chicken wings between the four of us. I had salad, and for my entree, I had portabello mushrooms, with spinach, roasted peppers. chopped garlic, and provolone on top.
    Now that sounds really good
    Primal since 27 August 2012
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

This morning was ROUGH... I was making bacon and eggs for the family, and my wife puts some rye toast on.... and then proceeds to make a BLT..... one of my all time favorites... Really this whole primal thing is harder than it should be, as I don't get much support on this from my wife. I swear that she goes out of her way to eat stuff that she knows I can't have, in front of me. Sigh.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    This morning was ROUGH... I was making bacon and eggs for the family, and my wife puts some rye toast on.... and then proceeds to make a BLT..... one of my all time favorites... Really this whole primal thing is harder than it should be, as I don't get much support on this from my wife. I swear that she goes out of her way to eat stuff that she knows I can't have, in front of me. Sigh.
    It gets easier, I promise. Just think of all the good stuff you get to eat, and think of all the health benefits you're gaining.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, oh, oh! I need to tell you my BLT technique!

Small bacon weave: cut four slices of bacon in half so that you have 8 short pieces of bacon. Weave 7 of them together in your cold frying pan or griddle (3 fat slices one direction, 4 thinner slices in the other, works best that way, don't know why) cook then on medium heat, watching carefully. Flip with your largest spatula when they are a little more than half way cooked, manuevering carefully so it doesn't fall apart. The bacon must be cooked to a firm crispiness- not too brittle, and definitely NOT floppy. Let cool to room temperature.

Make two of these, slather with mayo, and fill with lettuce and tomato slices. Best BLT EVER!

And after all all, the name of the sandwich is BLT, not BBLT. Who needs that pesky bread!?!

Jeffybear is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Really this whole primal thing is harder than it should be, as I don't get much support on this from my wife. I swear that she goes out of her way to eat stuff that she knows I can't have, in front of me. Sigh.
    I'm not getting any support from my wife either....she thinks I'm nuts. Last night I went out and bought some coconut oil, she tried to convince me that it was not good for you because it had too much fat....yeah....I know. This morning I asked her to cook my eggs in coconut oil, she said no way, she cooks my son's eggs in the same skillet and she was NOT going to assist in the clogging of his arteries. The only thing that I think will convince her will be a good report from the doctor concerning my cholesterol numbers....until then, I'll press on without help.
    Primal since 27 August 2012
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast