Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 18

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    PP, re: candidate signs. I think there was a study (or several) that found the more often someone saw a candidate's name, the more likely he/she was to vote for that person. It goes along with the advertising tactic of "getting the name/motto out there LOTS of times".

And your weight loss has been amazing! Don't expect it to keep up at the beginning rate; it's common for weight loss to slow down after the first week(s). Just keep with the program! I hope you took some "before" pictures so you can be one of Mark's Friday Success Stories when you get to your goal weight!

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Goldie, would LOVE just another week or 2 at the current rate...

Than back to reality!
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Awesome work! 12 pounds in 1 week is pretty impressive. My best so far was 7 pounds. Keep up the great work!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    Awesome work! 12 pounds in 1 week is pretty impressive. My best so far was 7 pounds. Keep up the great work!

It was awesome...but then I went up 5 pounds, and now down 3 pounds.... so it is a net 10 pounds down after 2 weeks.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Still excellent numbers!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Seriously, WTH?

The Scariest Shoes of All Time | How To - Yahoo! Shine

Just click and see the picture.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Jeffybear is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    It was awesome...but then I went up 5 pounds, and now down 3 pounds.... so it is a net 10 pounds down after 2 weeks.
    I'd take 10 lbs in 2 weeks. I've only lost about 9 lbs in 5 1/2 weeks, not complaining I guess, but wishing that more would drop off faster. I think I must be eating bad stuff and not knowing what it is yet. The good news is though that I feel better and my clothes fit better.....so all is good.
    Primal since 27 August 2012
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

primal me is offline Member
    I'm having a hard time finding lettuce with large leaves except Romaine, and I don't really like Romaine.
    My family has fallen in love with living lettuce. It is a head of butter lettuce with the roots still attached. So much flavour and it makes a pretty good wrap with ham/turkey/salami and goat cheese with some microgreens added in. The boys and I take it to school instead of sandwich's. It helps round out the lunch box.
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, WTH?

The Scariest Shoes of All Time | How To - Yahoo! Shine

Just click and see the picture.
    w...t...f...??? Just LOOKING at those shoes makes my knees hurt. Ugh.

I think you're doing a fantastic job. It's very hard to change your diet up 100% like you have done and maintain it for 2 weeks. You're now over the hardest part of the hump. Cravings should start to diminish more quickly now (or at least be less bothersome) and despite the "puny" 10 lbs loss, your body is very likely shifting and changing and doing all kinds of magical things you can't see yet. (Btw, 10 lbs in 2 weeks is AWESOME!). I went an entire month without losing a single pound following "whole30" protocol. But, I found I lost nearly an inch and a half off my belly alone that month - despite the zero scale weight loss.

It's easy to get wrapped up in the numbers b/c that's all we've ever known. Blood work numbers, scale weight, measurements, clothing size, etc... numbers are all around us, but it's important to remember too that how we feel is the biggest measure of how we're doing. If we feel energetic and youthful and strong, then we know the program is working. And sometimes, our bodies have work to do to get healthy before it can concentrate on "cleaning house" by clearing the fat clutter. Sometimes a wall needs repaired to hold the structure together before we need to worry about the dirt on the floor, ya know? Just know that if you stay the course, the body fat will fall off and you will see results. The body just sometimes has bigger priorities to consider first.

Keep it up! You're doing an amazing job!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Papa- I noticed you said you're urinating much less frequently, I'm curious....have you ever been diagnosed as diabetic or pre- diabetic? One symptom of consistently high blood sugar levels is frequent urination. It's interesting that since you've gone primal it's gotten better.
    Last edited by TCates190; 10-10-2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast