Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 17

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance!

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Flax seed wraps are an alternative to tortillas. Wheat Belly and the Flaxseed Wraps | Me and Jorge: Belly Fat Cure Diet | Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise

Here is one recipe. There are several variations floating around.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    OMG ---- can't wait for dessert! I made for the first time ever, Avocado Chocolate Mousse! I took a tiny tase before putting in the fridge to get cold....

2 Avocados
    1/2 cup cacao powder - I am sure you could use unsweetened cocoa powder
    4 TBS of Vanilla
    2 TBS heavy cream - optional
    1/3 cup of grade B maple syrup

Use a blender to mix..... get cold..... eat.... orgasm. ( er, I mean "enjoy" )...... there ya go Goldie!
    OMFG this may not be better than sex, but it certainly is just as good! I made it earlier today and literally stood at the sink for 5 minutes, scraping every last bit out of the blender with a rubber spatula. (I used organic unsweetened cocoa powder.)
    Last edited by Goldie; 10-07-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Typo

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    So, 2 full weeks in the books. Weigh in is tomorrow ( Monday ).

I must say that I was hoping for a little more weight loss, but, OK, it wasn't bad.... I'm not a kid anymore. Metabolism is slower. I'm slower.

Here are some things I noticed after 2 weeks:

1. Regardless of the scale, clothes are starting to fit better. In fact, 1 shirt is now too big.

2. I have developed some oily skin on my face.

3. I feel like I have bad breath..... so maybe I am actually in ketosis this time, but I doubt it. I have never been in it before, even with less carb intake.

4. I am eating and enjoying more veggies.

5. Not as hungry, but still get hunger pangs

6. Less, cravings for the things I shouldn't eat, but they are still there, and sometimes they are very strong cravings.

7. I have been 99.8% cheat free. The worst thing I did was take a dab of peanut butter icing... literally less than 1/4 tsp.

8. I now like almond butter. I used to dislike it.

9. I know I said ( complained ) about the cost, but it seems we are breaking even, as we haven't gone out to eat. We used to spend $80 - $150 a week doing that. Thing is, though, my family likes going out to eat. They won't put up with this much longer, LOL.

10, I'm proud of myself, even though I was hoping for more weight loss.

So halfway through the 30 days. That said, I have committed myself to staying on this until January, until I can see the results of my blood work. I already know this is helping my diabetes. My BS numbers are better. But I need to see the rest of them before I have a chance at being less afraid of eating this way.

Two weeks down, and hopefully 30 more years to go.
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 10-07-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Well today was weigh in day, and I came in at 274.4. I guess that is really pretty good,all things considered - I was as low as 272, but also read back as high as 280. So let's call it 11 pounds in 2 weeks. respectable, but not magnificent. It was magnificent when I was down to 272 during week 1!!!!!

So today starts day 15. I would love to get a little more than 4 more pounds off by next Monday, as that would have me under 270 pounds.
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 10-08-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: bad math, LOL
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

yourdebness is offline Junior Member
    I've been reading your journal since, well, I think you were on day 3. Congratulations on raising two amazing daughters and for starting this journey and the progress you've made.

I've been doing primal half-arsed for the past four months. You've inspired me to quit the booze (remaining holdout) and get my butt in gear and do it right. I've got 20lbs I'd like to see disappear (down 66 with other methods).

I subscribe to your journal and while I may not comment often I will be reading.

Cheers to continued success!

Thank you yourdebness.

Well, another good day. No cheating.

Also, I found a place locally for raw milk at one farm, and grass fed meats at another farm. And he has pigs, which s awesome since I like to throw a pig roast every year. Nothing exciting for dinner. I just had leftovers.

And in about 20 minutes I leave to take a course on basic web site design. I want to start doing some of my own website design for my kids DJ business. Shameless plug here: Bubble Parties. I have an updated business that replaces that called PBnJ Parties..... I want to make my own site for that.

Parachute Games .... Bubble Parties.... and Jump Parties - all rolled into one.
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 10-08-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

This has nothing to do with primal, but I want to vent here.

What exactly is the point of putting presidential elections signs in your yard?

OK, I kind of get it on the signs where the candidates are not well known. Maybe it gives a little boost to name recognition of election day...... but WTH is the point of putting them out on your lawn for presidential elections? Everybody knows the candidates. And I can't exactly see someone thinking "" Hey, Bill is voting for Mitt, I guess I will vote for him too!" My next door neighbor has a Romney / Ryan sign, which, IMO is especially dumb, as we live on a cul - de - sac, and there are 4 other homes here, all owned by republicans. I'm the only non republican on my street. And I am an independent.

It annoys me in that these signs are like litter to me. they should be thrown in the trash for BOTH SIDES. I don't want your political leanings in my face every time I drive into my driveway.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Interesting study (I think by Pew, but I can't quite recall) that the presence of yard or window signs makes your neighbors more likely to vote (for whomever they are going to vote for, regardless of what your sign says).

Back to primal here. I took measurements the best I could:

Neck - 18"
    Biceps - 15.5"
    Stomach - 55"
    Thigh - 25"
    Calves - 16.5"
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast