Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 15

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Goldie.. sorry to disappoint. I am working on a book that will be much better than 50 Shades of Grey.

Dinner Tonight:

6 ounces of creamed spinach
    14 ounces of catfish, coated in Cajun seasonings - broiled

OMG ---- can't wait for dessert! I made for the first time ever, Avocado Chocolate Mousse! I took a tiny tase before putting in the fridge to get cold....

2 Avocados
    1/2 cup cacao powder - I am sure you could use unsweetened cocoa powder
    4 TBS of Vanilla
    2 TBS heavy cream - optional
    1/3 cup of grade B maple syrup

Use a blender to mix..... get cold..... eat.... orgasm. ( er, I mean "enjoy" )...... there ya go Goldie!
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 10-04-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typo
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Aww, your kids sound lovely. Best of luck to you on your journey.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    Goldie.. sorry to disappoint. I am working on a book that will be much better than 50 Shades of Grey.

Dinner Tonight:

6 ounces of creamed spinach
    14 ounces of catfish, coated in Cajun seasonings - broiled

OMG ---- can't wait for dessert! I made for the first time ever, Avocado Chocolate Mousse! I took a tiny tase before putting in the fridge to get cold....

2 Avocados
    1/2 cup cacao powder - I am sure you could use unsweetened cocoa powder
    4 TBS of Vanilla
    2 TBS heavy cream - optional
    1/3 cup of grade B maple syrup

Use a blender to mix..... get cold..... eat.... orgasm. ( er, I mean "enjoy" )...... there ya go Goldie!
    OH so much better, thanks, Primal Papa! My faith in humanity is restored!

*adds ingredients to shopping list*

Woke up this morning after having a terrible nightmare.... but other than that, I feel pretty darn good. Today is day 12.... 10.5.12.

So my stove is all disassembled and in the dishwasher, so I can't really cook right now. The best I can do is eat some reheated leftovers... It is 10 AM, and I am eating creamed spinach - which I LOVE, but would not normally be eating at 10 in the morning, lol.

I found a tape measure..... will measure myself today.... maybe post it here for motivation.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Jeffybear is offline Member
    Papa,
    Read through most of your journal here today at lunch. Very interesting read and after post #137 I thought it was gonna get alot more interesting. You seem to be doing good and have two very good motivators to continue. I'm not much of a cook, my wife doesn't want me in her kitchen too much, but I want to keep following your journal to grab the old and future recipes that you are sure to post. I really liked your kitchen idea, in a large city like Philly I'm sure an idea like that would fly. One other thing, if you figure out how your hair became less gray, please pass that info along Good luck with your journey....I'll be following along.
    Primal since 27 August 2012
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Thanks JeffyBear.

well, here is dinner tonight: Braised Beef Shanks with Root Vegetables

4 Beef Shanks
    2 TBS Olive Oil
    1 chopped onion
    5 -6 minced garlic cloves

Get a Dutch Oven or big oven safe pan, and get the oil nice and hot. Sear the Beef shanks and set aside. Add onion and garlic to the pot / pan and saute for 2 minutes.

Now put all the following in the pot / panL

1 can tomato paste
    chopped turnips - you decide how much
    chopped carrots - you decide how much
    quartered potatoes - you decide how much ( I don't eat potatoes )
    2 cups chopped mushrooms
    1 qt Beef stock....... maybe more depending on quantity of veggies
    2 TBS coconut aminos ( optional, but I like it )
    2 TBS Red Wine vinegar ( today I used pomegranate vinegar )
    salt and pepper to taste.

Add the shanks back into the pot. Place in the oven at 300 degrees for 4 - 5 hours - until the meat is tender. I keep it covered for 2 hours, then remove the cover.

Remove the shanks and veggies.

Scoop off any of the yucky looking stuff on the surface. What is left should be an awesome tasting broth to use as you like....

BTW, some people add wine to the stock. I am not a fan of wine, so I used the vinegar.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sounds yummy! I am going to try that sometime! I just read through your journal - so glad you are on a roll with the primal way of life! The numbers on the scale are fun, sometimes frustrating and sometimes just need to be ignored! I like comparing how my clothes feel as that is one the nicest feelings - getting into something that you know never could fit before I have two kids and knew that my fat was affecting them in a lot of ways. They are so proud of my progress and are so encouraging, as is my hubby. Hope you can get your wife on board too, makes it so much easier. Our whole family is primal now and I have seen a lot of health improvements with all of us. Even the kids are leaner and more energetic, sleep better, less cranky when tired and hungry, less allergies etc etc. Hang in there, there will be times that the fat just doesn't seem to want to budge - it'll come.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

So, I almost am looking forward to my January physical, even though I will get that prostate exam, LOL. This WOE has done wonders for my BS levels... YES, I knew it would, and I should have been doing this since I found out I was diabetic, but hey, better late than never. I just hope that ALL my blood work numbers are good or she- my doctor - may shoot me ( they were pretty good last January, except my A1C was still too high )

Today, I really did notice that I don't eat nearly the quantity of food that I used to eat. I *never* go beck for 2nd helpings anymore.

Dinner tonight was 1 helping of braised beef shank, and s huge serving of broccoli. I even put butter on the broccoli, which I never used to do because I didn't want the fat calories.

Tomorrow I will be making one of my all time favorite things, and I can eat it guilt free.... Cauliflower mashed "potatoes". Lots of yummy goodness in them. I won't eat TOO much of them tho because the way I make them really does have a lot of calories. I have 2 HUGE heads of cauliflower to make them with tomorrow. My other favorite veggie is spinach, and I can't wait to make either creamed spinach, or Palek Paneer. I am a HUGE Indian food fan. I do miss eating the Indian dishes that I used to make quite often. The amount of Chicken 65 I ate was INSANE. Same with Chicken Tikka Masala... I could probably still eat that, but just skip the rice.

I have a lot to do in the morning..... I have to finish building a bike rack. I need to finish closing my pool. I want to take the dogs for a walk, and I want to go bike riding. I also want to head to the wholesale club - all before lunch, if possible. After that, my day is open, BUT I may paint my daughter's bathroom. The decor is a little too young for them now that they are 11. When all that is done, I plan to just veg out unless I decide to get an aerobic workout in. I really want to watch a great movie on our home theater, but Redbox doesn't have anything I want to see at this time. I do get lots of movies from the library. They charge $1 a week to rent DVD's. I actually like that idea. Libraries struggle to make ends meet.

Anyway, I'll see you all on Saturday, virtually speaking.

I hope your day is AWESOME!!!
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 10-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

OK, don't make me post naked pictures of myself to gets some responses, because I will, and it won't be pretty! Not even my wife wants to see that!

Seriously though, I made some marrow bone broth yesterday... not bad, but I would not make it again if I didn't already have more bones.

Today is day 13, and I'm still rolling along just fine. The scab came off my hand, and all the pain seems to have gone away. WooHoo! Doing great foodwise too. Lunch was the rest of the broth and a hard boiled egg. Tonight will be chicken fajitas, paleo style.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    [QUOTE=Primal Papa;962258]
    I eat bacon and I love it. I would eat it everyday. I am on BP medication, which keeps me down around 120 / 75. Without medication, I am at about 150 / 90. I don't want to eat a lot of bacon, but I will eat some.

PP, I have been primal/paleo for 6 months now. I was on 3 BP meds and at best i was at 120/80. I went to the Doc this week and it was 112/70! I eat bacon several times a week. I buy Coleman's Natural which is uncured so no sugar but other than that I make no adjustments. I would be happy w/ a lower sodium just because it tastes too salty but as far as BP it does not seem to matter. Yes it took a while but I got there. You might also check out Dr William Davis' blog Wheat Belly Blog | Lose the Wheat Lose the Weight.

you are awesome!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast