Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: "Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal. page 11

primal me is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    You have to try the Infamous bacon cookies from this book! This is my favourite cookbook. I highly recommend it to everyone, primal and non. I can't wait for their new book "Gather" which will be released in April.
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    OK, I just woke up because the dogs woke me up.... I got to sleep only about 4 hours ago, so I am probably going back to bed very shortly, but I was up very late because I read all of Robb Wolf's book. I liked his approach and his writing style. I liked the way that he didn't obsess over "grass fed" or "organic", tho he certainly preferred them. He basically said "do the best you can". He also was stressing to give it 30 days - an honest 30 days, to see if you feel the difference.

OK, so, today is 9.29.12 - Day 6 for me... and here is what I have experienced:

1. Far less heartburn
    2. weight loss
    3. Less frequent urination - which for me, is awesome. Truly awesome. I love it!

All this in just 5 completed days!

I came down to let the dogs out, and found I was hungry, so I checked on that slow cooker recipe that I posted several posts back.... it was done! So I am eating some now, and it is pretty good! Well, I am tired, so back to bed for now. It has been an awesome week, spent online, with some awesome folks!
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    It's amazing how the benefits (some of them anyway) are almost immediate. You have a great attitude!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    It really is amazing how much better you feel when eating clean. I remember reading the books back to back as well, they are really compelling. Keep up the amazing work Papa!
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Kinda slow on weekends, apparently.

So chalk up another good day, where I stayed on plan. I wish I had a nice paleo dessert ready, but I don't... I'm feeling the need for something sweet. It is SO HARD to go into the pantry and see the stuff that I used to eat, knowing that I can't have any of it. I just went inside the pantry, and staring me in the face was a bag of mini Butterfingers. Those are pretty much my favorite candy bar! And then I saw a bag of my wife's custom blend of trail mix.....

So I turned away, and just went to the office before I do something stupid.I'm not even really hungry, but just craving sweets.

Anyway, dinner tonight was rather "meh". So maybe that is why I want the dessert.

Dinner

2 chicken legs, seasoned with garam masala, salt, pepper, and garlic

cauliflower "rice"..... probably 1/3 of a whole, large cauliflower

and a paleo sauce that I made that was a combo Indian / Thai sauce.... tho in a way I cheated because I used cream..... cream isn't really cheating, I know, but I don't want the huge caloric intake from heavy cream, so I violated my own rule there.

I had a somewhat rough morning. On the weekends, I used to drink a lot of coffee. Well I woke up this morning because the smell of coffee brewing was just "wow"! I really wanted some, but was able to not have any. But may favorite is iced coffee, and the leftover coffee is sitting in the pot now, calling my name. I told it to STHU, and leave me alone. LOL.

BTW, notice I used "STHU"..... I am incredibly far from a prude; I mean incredibly far, but I am surprised that this forum allows a lot of foul language. I have never been on a forum before that allows it. I mean they allow some of the minor words, but certainly nothing like what I see here. Are there moderators on this site? It catches me off guard to read so many posts with the "F Bomb" in them. So many, in fact that I don't let my kids stand over my shoulder if I am reading or posting here.

Anyway, that's probably it for today. I shall be here again tomorrow, and no, that is not a threat!
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Day 7 - 9.30.12

Dang dogs! They woke me from a very deep sleep because they wanted to eat. Oh well, I needed to be up in an hour anyway.

So, I stepped on the scale today, and I was just under 276 pounds. The problem with my scale was the batteries were low, it seems, because now it displays a solid number, as opposed to when I started. So it appears that I lost about 8 or 9 pounds this first week. Wouldn't that be wonderful if I could do THAT for another week? Not very likely, I know, but a guy can dream, eh?

I'm having leftovers from yesterday morning - the egg fritatta thingy. Not bad.... I expected it to be all dried out, but it sure isn't. Probably as good today as yesterday.

My daughter has a volleyball game today in just under 3 hours. She takes after me in so many ways... gotta love it! I just wish they would have them start at 11 so I could get some sleep.

OK, yesterday, I got a piece of mail that I really didn't want to get, but knew that I was going to get eventually. It was a letter from my insurance company telling me that now that I am 50 years old, it is time for a colonoscopy. Yuck, but necessary, I guess.

Anyway, a pretty great first week, though last night I was seriously craving something sweet, but I wasn't even hungry.... I managed to not cheat, so "Go me, go me!"
    Last edited by Primal Papa; 09-30-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, Primal Papa,

I just started reading your journal. Good stuff.

I love the idea of the rental kitchen. As a customer, the idea of a rotational restaurant is appealing also. I think with that kind of thing, you might consider having the individual caterers tweeting daily menus to interested customers, much like some of the popular food trucks were doing with location.

The expense of eating wild, grass fed, and organic. I totally understand where you are coming from. The idea above about investing in a freezer and buying in bulk is a great one. Another is to prioritize. For me, top of the food chain items have to be organic, wild, or grass fed - meat, fish, eggs, half and half, butter. For veggies and fruit, I prefer organic, but will use traditionally grown items on occasion. You might also search "Dirty Dozen" foods and "Clean 15" for ideas on which produce items you should choose organic because of high pesticide levels, and which produce items are "okay" to buy traditional.

One of the things that convinced to eat this way was to read read read everything I could about GMOs, how our food animals are processed, what goes into their feed, how they are treated. Even the USDA website is informative as to pesticide levels. (See what it says re: pus in milk from cows given bgh and you'll see why I pay almost $4/quart for pastured half and half.) Once I wrapped my head around what was going on in big agribusiness and how non-nutritional, even anti-nutritional much of our food was, I had to pay the extra for better quality. I wouldn't have believed any of it without my own reading as I used to think "organic" was just another way to soak trendy yuppies for more dollars.

Hello JoanieL. Thanks for stopping by!

So, you know one of the things I hate about being so heavy? How uncomfortable it is when laying on your back in bed. I realy wanted to do just that today, but it felt terrible.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

So, I am a hot pepper FREAK.... I don't always have to have stuff be super spicy, but I do like super spicy. This year I grew 8 Bhut Jolokia plants and 2 Trinidad Scorpion X plants ( The 2 hottest peppers in the world. Nope, it isn't habaneros anymore ) So. I have too many, and this is what I did most of the day:

Pepper Relish.mp4 - YouTube

I made hot pepper relish. This isn't me, but I used his recipe. And I used red versions of the peppers, and kept out the tumeric.

OK, I know we can use almond flour and coconut flour. Are there any others that was can use for baking?
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I just made an apple crisp using rice flour for the topping with a little almond flour thrown in. It was so tasty that I'll do it again.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast