Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things happen when you 'slip' from primal eating. page

Little_Fish is offline Member

Things happen when you 'slip' from primal eating.

Shop Now
    I had beans with my shredded pork today... baked beans... I know legumes are not considered primal, but I was not prepared with enough food today at work and ended up getting some BBQ, beans n' cole slaw.

I now consider beans poisonous. Why? Because they have caused me major stomach discomfort in the form of gas. I feel wicked bloated and just ugh.

I am a FF and have 24 hour shifts so If I don't come to work 'food prepared' I can end up going along with all the other guys and eating 'crap'. For instance, I had a taco salad tonight from a mexican place across the street... the shredded chicken in it was too salty. I have been SO thirsty all night long. This sucks. Learned a lesson... less i'll slip in the future.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    My problem this weekend has been processed stuff. My hands and face are puffy and I feel droppy

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I've become extremely stubborn about what I eat. I really dislike non-Primal foods anymore, even my beloved cheesecake. I really don't see many more slips in my future. It's just so not worth it. I'm really loving this meat, eggs & veggies only policy. Fruit, nuts and dairy as occasional treats is fine by me.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i secon diana....there is nothing appealing to me about nonprimal food i just look at is in disgust. i am lining the fence posts with bunny marshmallow peeps today ad picking them off with the shot gun hahahahahahahaha

primalpatty is offline Senior Member
    Nooooo!!!!! Not the peeps! Are you telling me peeps aren't primal??? Say it ain't so! They have FACES!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalpatty View Post
    Say it ain't so! They have FACES!
    BWHAHAHAHA!!!

Luckily for me, I never liked the little buggers. Where's my Glock?
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    "Disgust" is the PERFECT word for how I see non-Primal food... or even some Primal food that isn't up to standard- like Walmart's produce section. Blech. I wouldn't touch that stuff with a ten foot pole!

I used to LOVE peeps, and Cadbury eggs. OMG, I would eat one every single day as long as the stores had them. Now I can't picture liking them at all. I'm at my parents' house at the moment. Peeps on the table, unopened. No cadbury eggs to be seen. Chocolate covered raisins. None are the least bit interesting. I could go for a hard boiled egg though. Now that sounds tasty!

stevehtcyl is offline Member
    I have this very weird addiction to Yorkie Cookies, not sure if you have them in the US but they are made from a chocolate bar known as Yorkie. They must be chocked full of sugar but for some reason they don't affect me, they are the only things I get cravings for. Compare that to a small amount (10 grams or so) of oatmeal I had 2 weeks ago and was laid out for 3 hours with bad cramps and messed up energy levels.

Beauty is offline Senior Member
    Today I had a nibble of handmade fudge made from local organic double cream because I was curious about this local product. It really wasn't anywhere as good as the thin slices of butter I had been melting in my mouth. The sugary sensation did nothing for me. This was a first! (former sugar addict).

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Too many carbs and I feel bad but other than that I don't notice anything horrible. Dairy (save for whey isolate and ghee) and gluten as usual give me a little digestive trouble but that's to be expected, I have legit food sensitivities.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast