Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to build some sort of muscle mass 17 y/o page

Mbrian is offline Junior Member

How to build some sort of muscle mass 17 y/o

My mother says im getting too thin, and is urging me to eat starch. To be fair I have lost about 7kgs, in the past 4 months leaving me at 60kgs at 6ft tall. I dont think I've lost muscle though, just fat....I hope.

The point is i'm trying to gain weight like crazy I eat until i'm full and then I eat a bit more. I have actually got lazy in the workout department, but that's because of school work.

Does anyone know any tips for building some muscle, if not just to get my mother off my back

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Eat more and lift heavy!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Lift heavy and eat more.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Consume more biomass while accelerating large masses away from the center of the Earth. Allow for strong recovery, and repeat.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    In fairness, starch doesn't have to mean pasta. Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes, fruits, all may help. As long as you are getting all your nutrients, up your fat intake for more calories. Also lift heavy. I like how wiltondeportes puts it!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Your mom is right. Eat more starch. Try potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, white rice, cassava, or taro. There are a ton of options depending on how strict paleo you wish to be and what you like.

Carbs are really helpful for building muscle. You don't have to eat grains to get them.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

jonnyhollis is offline Junior Member
    Try throwing in 200 grams of Cashews a day. Just snack on them in between meals, maybe even mix in some dry fruit. You've got 100 gram of fat, 30 gram of carbs and 50 gram of protein per 200 gram bag. Will go really well with some heavy weight training and the high levels of testosterone that's flying around your 17 year old system.

jonnyhollis is offline Junior Member
    If you really want to put on mass and you get any ideas of buying steroids or a Pro-Hormone, have a word with yourself. At your age, you're likely to do permanent hormonal damage when you go into shutdown. I'm sure you're not that daft but it's always worth saying with these things being so much more widely available now, especially to the internet savvy.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    lol carb heaven. starch will make you gain weight all right, body fat not muscle
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    lol carb heaven. starch will make you gain weight all right, body fat not muscle
    This is not true for most people, and NOT HELPFUL for a hard-gaining teenager. Like, at all.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast