Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for opinions on my new syrup/sweetener. page 5

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Does it have a decent taste? I never liked things sweetened with apple or pear juice. The combo sounds kind of gross.

I like maple syrup and how it enhances things.

I dunno, there is probably no nutritional advantage, so go by taste and leave it at that.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    So are you also concerned about the amount of age's in cooked meat?
    cooked meat does not cause gylcation. that's a myth
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    cooked meat does not cause gylcation. that's a myth
    Rubbish. If you want to go around spreading irrational fear mongering about foods you should at least attempt to appear as though you don't have an agenda by dismissing anything that doesn't conform to what you want to believe.
    ScienceDirect.com - Journal of the American Dietetic Association - Advanced Glycation End Products in Foods and a Practical Guide to Their Reduction in the Diet

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    So what do you suggest I start eating all my meat raw lol? And the triple PHD Dr. Greg Ellis says glycation in cooked meats is total mythology. He's studied the 7,000 published papers on glycation, have you?
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Just a word of advice..... if you shape your diet around scientific studies, there will be exactly no foods you can eat that won't harm you in some way. Our bodies can deal with small amounts of toxins, maybe not the amount the SAD throws at it, but the occasional honey or odd concoction of fruit sugars is probably no worse than the toxins accumulated in the flesh of meats.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Why don't you just use honey? There is nothing magical about a sugar syrup made from fruit (apart from the ridiculous price). At least honey has some anecdotal evidence behind its benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Just a word of advice..... if you shape your diet around scientific studies, there will be exactly no foods you can eat that won't harm you in some way. Our bodies can deal with small amounts of toxins, maybe not the amount the SAD throws at it, but the occasional honey or odd concoction of fruit sugars is probably no worse than the toxins accumulated in the flesh of meats.
    I don't recall any good data that says nuts, fruits, vegetables or fish are harmful to eat.
    Last edited by AMonkey; 09-26-2012 at 05:58 AM.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    I agree raw honey, backstrap molasses, and pure maple syrup would be the most natural. usually if I ever have some its some local raw honey
    What?! And you're still alive?!

I don't recall any good data that says nuts, fruits, vegetables or fish are harmful to eat.
    LOL, I've read doom like articles on all of that stuff- I believe, frutose in fruits, some veggies aren't ideal for some people, and of course, toxic fish. Not that I get bothered.

Lukey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Completely agree, everday i stumble upon a study which shows how harmful a part of my diet is, the list is endless.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Extracts of food...

Consider that only the poorest quality "food" is used in most processed food production, and any process that fractionates "food" into extracted parts of it, has removed the built-in balance of it. Fruit sugar without the fibre hits your system really hard.

I'd choose less processed options, because seriously, I don't want low-quality fruit (raised with pesticides, maybe? infested with mold, spores, or bugs, maybe?) sugar syrup. I'd use maple syrup or honey.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast