Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    "only 4g of carbs per 10g serving"

It's 40% sugar... lol.
    Yes, and?

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Why not just use honey?

Lukey is offline Senior Member
    I do, i just thought it might be a nice change.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I don't know why people make such a big deal out of it. I don't how sweet this sweetener is. But 5g of honey is enough to sweeten 250g of yogurt. It's nothing
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I don't know why people make such a big deal out of it. I don't how sweet this sweetener is. But 5g of honey is enough to sweeten 250g of yogurt. It's nothing
    Exactly, all i was asking was people's opinion on the sweetener and i get strings of comments about weight gain, insulin, blah blah. As if using 5g of a sweetener will do anything.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Raw, unfiltered honey has some health benefits--it's antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, and if you get local honey, it might help with pollen allergies.

There may be some vitamins or minerals in your sweetener, but you didn't post any nutrient information. If there are (or even if there aren't), I see no reason not to use small amounts occasionally.

80/20%, your choice.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    Exactly, all i was asking was people's opinion on the sweetener and i get strings of comments about weight gain, insulin, blah blah. As if using 5g of a sweetener will do anything.
    It seems like you've already formulated your own opinions on the matter and won't be changing your mind.

So... You asked us why?

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    It seems like you've already formulated your own opinions on the matter and won't be changing your mind.

So... You asked us why?
    I was asking for opinions on the nutritional effects of the sweetener, but everybody just started posting about weight gain and over-eating. I should have specified i wasn't worried about weight gain or looking to lose weight, but it just seems like this forum is entirely based around weight loss which gets to me. I wanted to know if using this sweetner would be unhealthy due to the ingredients etc, which only Goldie has actually answered.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    I was asking for opinions on the nutritional effects of the sweetener, but everybody just started posting about weight gain and over-eating. I should have specified i wasn't worried about weight gain or looking to lose weight, but it just seems like this forum is entirely based around weight loss which gets to me. I wanted to know if using this sweetner would be unhealthy due to the ingredients etc, which only Goldie has actually answered.
    We'd have to be able to look at the nutrition label and determine what (if any at all), nutrition content it has beyond the calories from fructose. Without that information, it's hard to make a judgement (or at least a very accurate one).

It only lists the ingredients as apple extract, grape extract and carob extract, nothing else.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast