Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when your family says you are eating too many eggs? page 4

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    If you are worried about cholesterol read this http://chriskresser.com/the-most-imp...out-cholestero
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Don't argue with your family over dietary matters, and never send anyone a link that they didn't ask you for. It's totally lame and pointless. Just ask them to leave you alone.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Thanks, Lew. is offline Junior Member
    Use Al Pacino's line to Kevin Spacey in Glengarry Glen Ross:

"What do you f**cking care?"

Well, if that seems a bit harsh for family, just say, "I don't tell you what to put in your body, so I hope you'll show me the same respect."

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    I would ask them if they had any more eggs in the house.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    tell them eggs are the secret ingredient to a long healthy life.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I guess it would depend who bought the eggs . If they bought the eggs, I'd just go volunteer to go buy my own . As for the rest, well it depends on your family's overall health (compared to your own). My parents are both on statins etc. my dad isn't overweight, but is diabetic, while my mum is overweight. I'm the thinnest of the lot (despite being somewhat overweight myself). I'd simply tell them that I'm following a primal diet, and explain that I don't think eating cholesterol from food is a bad thing. They would obviously disagree with me (being as how they're so much more educated than me and I'm just their daughter and stuff ).

Evidently, I think their reliance on statins is stupid and ill -informed, just as much as they'd probably think me eating lots of eggs is stupid and ill-informed. The point is, I'd just argue back if they tried to argue with me and neither one of us would win . If anything, I'm rather contrary and if someone tells me I'm eating too many eggs, I'd just start eating MORE.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by difwiz View Post
    I ran into this today - my first full day of a whole week to be spent with family (and eating with them).

I have almost finished reading the Primal Blueprint, and I get what Mark is saying about how Cholesterol is not the bad guy it has been portrayed as, but how do I defend how I am trying to eat now to people who are stuck on Conventional Wisdom? They are very firm believers in the absoluteness of the calories in - calories out formula - they say nothing else matters, you just need to adhere to the math.

I want to stick with the Primal way of eating while I am here and I want to even improve where I am in implementing the Primal Lifestyle (since I don't have to be at work and I can concentrate more on stuff like this). However, if I am going to be challenged on my eggs and other things that I eat, I am not sure I can stay the course. I haven't been doing this very long, so I don't have a very big arsenal of the nutrition science and the other pieces of information stored in my brain yet. And I know they won't read the book, even if I buy it for them (my book is on my nook, so I can't just pass it on to them).

My family can be very convincing/pushy/argumentative and most times, I just don't want to fight (I don't like arguing in general and really don't like arguing with family). Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do or say to make them stop harping about "all that fat and cholesterol in all those eggs"?
    Offer to make em an omelette, with a nice side of bacon:-)
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Eat more eggs.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Wouldn't likely happen in my family. We'd rather talk behind your back than confront you.

As a note, the one time I was ever in the hospital for surgery, I asked my doctor if I could just eat scrambled eggs for all my meals because the menu looked like garbage, and he put it in his orders for me. He was a great doctor, and that elevated him all the more in my eyes.

The_Undead_Pixie is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just shrug your shoulders and promise them front row seats at your funeral. They usually don't talk about diet after that. It stopped my brother moaning about my high fat diet!

Or maybe just tell them you hate chickens so much that you are trying to wipe them out!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast