Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do when your family says you are eating too many eggs? page 2

2ndChance is offline Senior Member

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I just tell people that I spent the last 32 years learning about the SAD diet and I am unimpressed. And add that if they can't take a few hours to learn about my food beliefs then I don't want to hear their one-sided opinions. Luckily my family is quite supportive and isn't as carb addicted as most Americans, but there have been comments from some friends. I also throw in that it's a different kind of lifestyle that not everyone is "up for". It throws a little challenge to them which makes many people want to learn about it just to prove you wrong... but you're right, so really you're just tricking them into learning about your way of eating. > muwahahaha! Stick with it!!! You'll do great!!!!
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Tom93084 is offline Junior Member
    You are asking all the wrong questions. Don't justify it. Tell them to read the book. You only think you have to justify yourself, because you have been conditioned by your family to do so. end that habit.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I love that your ticker is EGGS!

Say that you are following your doctor's recommendation. That's right: lie. It is none of their business.

difwiz is offline Junior Member
    Wow you guys are SO AMAZING. So many awesome comments, information, and articles. Thank you so much!!!

Tom, yeah, I have been conditioned. My husband says the same thing (about different topics).

Thank you guys for your support.
    Difwiz

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/difwiz

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    If none of that works, tell them you are trying a 30-day experiment to see how you feel. It's only 30 days, right? How can that hurt in the long run?

After that, you can say, "I feel great. Why would I want to go back to feeling like crap again?"

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I'd go along the lines of 'you eat how you want' I'll eat how I want, the winner gets to dance on the losers grave' but I'm a bloshy SOB
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Show them research and if that doesn't work ignore them. When I was staying with my American relatives they literally thought I was killing myself by eating 5 eggs a day. They pulled the "we know a nurse who says so!" when I told them dietary cholesterol=heart attacks is totally outdated. I showed them some papers and pub med and that didn't help either. Meanwhile both of them are morbidly obese and would snack and McDs.

Satisfy is offline Junior Member
    Try to simply tell them that carbs are poison, that's what i tell people. Then if they need to know more i say think about 10,000 years ago. Before the agricultural age we weren't eating all these carbs and now look at all the obesity. Saying this can sometimes put your beliefs into perspective for them. Unfortunately a lot of people don't want advice in this world so i never push my diet on people unless they ask for advice.

I personally loved this video aswell Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube

good luck, stand up for your beliefs it's the only freedom you have

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member
    How many eggs are you eating ? I feel like this is something I am going to have to deal with my family as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast