Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: If Odds & Ends was a country page 9

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Can we all just agree that killing everyone is a good idea?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    I think it's funny that what people fear about so-called "libertarianism" is actually the reality we already live in under government rule. All of the fears people have about absolute freedom are already being exercised by the gangs they consider to be their benevolent leaders.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    You didn't describe Libertarianism, you just perfectly described statism. You just wrote a perfect description of the exact situation we are living under right now with statism.
    "You didn't describe Communism, you just perfectly described capitalism."

Grok, your views are just pure sociopathy masquerading as political ideology. I'm quite willing to entertain the notion that you are one of the pollyanna Libertarians (everything will work out fine) instead of the Darwinian Libertarians (the poor deserve to die) or the cynics who dislike the taxes that come with living in civilization, and hence support libertarians.

Libertarianism is just pure psychopathy, under it corporations and religious figures would seize ultimate control of whatever society was left (think Cambodia). Corporations would form cozy monopolies, they would blacklist each and every troublemaker, anyone who raised the slightest trouble would find himself murdered/starving to death as an example to others. The government, such as it was, would chiefly be concerned with union-busting & putting down food riots.

Go find another hobbyhorse Grok.

In a stateless libetarian society there is no such thing as a corporation. So any argument about corporations monopolizing any part of society without the state to stop them is moot. Corporations are created by the government and given special privileges, aka protectionism. Without a state (government) there is nothing to give special privileges to businesses, nothing to protect them from legal theft and other wrongdoings. You must understand the it is the government that created corporations and keeps the term in existence. Without those limited liabilities sheltered by the government, no one business is any different from another. It is an equal playing field in the free markets. You must wrap your head around corporations being government entities before you can understand that they can pose no threat in a stateless society because they would not exist.

Businesses would exist but they'd have no special treatment. No lobbyists to pay off tyrants, no limited liability in lawsuits, no bailouts, no dirt cheap loans via the fed reserve's money printing schemes, no laws and regulations to help them suppress competition. Don't you get it? Corporations ARE NOT every business; they are entities that the government gives special privileges to. No government, no way to monopolize through laws in favor of corporations that depend on them to stay ahead.

There is nothing psychopathic about wanting true equality and freedom for all. Americans give $600 billion a year to charity despite being extorted for our income. There is nothing but proof that libertarians care more about the poor than so-called humanitarians that want the poor helped by force and violence.
    Last edited by j3nn; 09-28-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Sure, and the workers will automatically disable the State once they seize the means of production.

Spare me the propaganda.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    I think he's gone off the deep end.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I think he's gone off the deep end.
    Yes. This. He's confusing anarcho-communism (and dozens of other things, apparently) with voluntaryism. It's amazing how much contempt people have for business owners and employers, yet so little for the system that perpetuates the things they fear and hate.

Employers = sociopaths = will definitely enslave you and make you work in filthy conditions 8 days a week for pennies in a free society because every job in existence already pays only minimum wage

Government = good; benevolent = takes up to 70% of your money, kills millions of people with drones and bombs, subsidizes corn and soy agri-business, locks people up in cages for smoking a plant, and bails out crooked companies

Grok is offline Senior Member

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    Libertarianism is just pure psychopathy, under it corporations and religious figures would seize ultimate control of whatever society was left (think Cambodia). Corporations would form cozy monopolies, they would blacklist each and every troublemaker, anyone who raised the slightest trouble would find himself murdered/starving to death as an example to others. The government, such as it was, would chiefly be concerned with union-busting & putting down food riots.
    It is under conditions like this that heroes are made.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast