Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If Odds & Ends was a country page 3

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Proof?

No videos please
    Do you have proof that Somalia was founded on principles of liberty?

You know, all you really need to do is some research. It's not impossible to learn about the history of Somalia in today's day and age. I'm pretty sure the government isn't censoring websites. Yet.

I will do you a favor and provide you a good place to start reading about Somalia. I'm pretty sure most of these links do not contain videos and can be read...

somalia - Google Search

kenn is offline Senior Member
    I ask you For proof and you provide none
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

I ask you For proof and you provide none
    What the hell do you want me to do, buy you a plane ticket to Somalia and give you a personal tour of the Somali Museum of Somali History?

Just how exactly do you want me to prove this to you?!

Oh, and if I don't buy you a plane ticket to Somalia and give you a personal tour of the Somali Museam of Somali History, then therefore that means everything you say about Somalia is fact and everything I say about Somali is a lie.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    What the hell do you want me to do, buy you a plane ticket to Somalia and give you a personal tour of the Somali Museum of Somali History?

Oh, and if I don't buy you a plane ticket to Somalia and give you a personal tour of the Somali Museam of Somali History, then therefore that means everything you say about Somalia is fact and everything I say about Somali is a lie.

I think you've worked this one out.

Kenn is kenn.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post

I hear the airline biz in Somalia is actually booming!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    What would it most resemble.

I'm thinking Somalia. The great libertarian state.

Libertardians: Anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.

Yeah, it'd be like Somalia. Or Albania in the 90's.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    Libertardians: Anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
    Surely you must be confused. The State enslaves people; libertarians don't use coercion and violence to take at least half of your earnings and throw you in a cage if you refuse, and possibly kill you if you try to get away from their kidnapping. Taxation = slavery of differing degrees.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Surely you must be confused. The State enslaves people; libertarians don't use coercion and violence to take at least half of your earnings and throw you in a cage if you refuse, and possibly kill you if you try to get away from their kidnapping. Taxation = slavery of differing degrees.

Libertarianism can't work; it would pretty much immediately either dissolve into chaos or neo-feudalism. And you, my friend, would NOT be one of the lords, you'd be a serf like 95% of the population.

This is like arguing with Marxists, except in reverse.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I hear this claim, yet I don't hear very many libertarians volunteering to give up their real estate holdings, for example, even though the notion of exclusive land ownership is actually completely antithetical to liberty and is one of the many ways in which feudalism perpetuates itself into the modern day. Not to mention that ALL land ownership by non-native peoples in the Americas was originally accomplished by violent submission and extermination of its de facto owners and has since merely been traded around enough times to give the practice a veneer of legitimacy.

Personal property is what you can take with you when you move. Real estate is a holdover from a time when merely being allowed to live and work the land you were born on was a privilege granted by your lord, who had complete authority over your life and labor. The very notion that real property is automatically legally inherited by heirs is antithetical to a merit-based system of success--it props up a parasite class that need make no contribution whatever, to anyone, to be provided with an exorbitant lifestyle.

It's inconsistent special pleading to demand complete freedom from forceful authority while still enjoying the fruits of violence when it suits you.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast