Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Eating for Health, Not Weight " page 2

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I think that its possible to have 'rabbit starvation' eating lean meats within the confines of paleo. If you lift weights and eat nothing but steak then you quite possibly are getting too much protein. It's really eating too much lean protein that is the problem. Fat fat fatty fat is all good
    Are you sure that's really possible? I thought lean meat became repulsive over a certain threshold.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Of course it's possible for people to eat too much protein and not enough fats/carbs. It's unsatisfying for your brain and your body, but if no carbs or fats are available, slow protein starvation is better than the alternative, right?

This wiki page has more.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Of course it's possible for people to eat too much protein and not enough fats/carbs. It's unsatisfying for your brain and your body, but if no carbs or fats are available, slow protein starvation is better than the alternative, right?

This wiki page has more.
    Sorry, I know rabbit starvation is possible. I meant, is it possible for someone just following a diet, with plenty of access to normal foods, to harm themselves that way? Especially primal, which does not restrict fat or vegetables? I wouldn't expect anyone following paleo/primal to have that problem.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Part of the 'evidence' in the article in the OP that low carb is bad is a scientific trial of a low carb / low fat / high protein diet. Aka rabbit starvation. And surprise surprise, that's bad for you. It's worse for you than HCLF. Which (we would argue) is worse than LCHF.

I agree with you that that type of diet is not primal. It's just that some people (including the article) are conflating the results of LCLFHP diets with low carb diets in general.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

BoydTaylor is offline Junior Member
    for good health it is necessary that you need to have
    low fat and sugar containing diets
    low consumpion of meat products
    consumpion of green vegetables and fruits in diet
    these all things can help in good fitness of the body as well as growth

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat for health, LOL. So healthy to have foods you eat trigger sugar binges and make you doze off during afternoons.

These people DON'T get it. And when you fail at these "diets" they accuse you of being either weak willed or lazy. Fuck that shit.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When I lose the rest of my weight, I want to go to all of these places that advocate low fat whole grain and exercise and tell them that I took their advice and was a fat ass. And the second I changed, weight started coming off. At least they need to admit it doesn't work for everyone and that there are alternatives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12