Here's the scene. I'm with 4 other guys at Longhorn Steakhouse. I've been on PB for a few months, lost 12 pounds, and am very fit. My friend Joe has been on PB for a month and lost 21 pounds and is very happy with it all. So the group starts the diet discussion since Joe and I aren't eating the bread. A new friend I met yesterday, Ben, says his cholesterol is high and he's on a statin. Ben is young, 26 maybe, and he is in great shape. Oh! Before this he was saying that he LOVES desserts and eats a lot of them, etc... So I had a knee-jerk reaction and was telling him essentially, do the PB or Paleo and your cholesterol will go down, etc. Ben asked a very simple question that kinda stumped my hung over brain, namely, HOW does eating PB style lower cholesterol? Now, I know that it does and that the size of LDL and the raising of HDL are affected, but the HOW part got me. How would you have answered him?

Second question: Do you guys ever encounter this sort of thing and just feel like the worst ambassador ever for PB? It seems so simple to me, this PB thing, because that is just the way I now eat. But explaining it sometimes can get me a little tongue tied....