Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Pole Dancing!!! page 6

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i have been studiously avoiding this thread as it is something i have always wanted to do. there is a pole dancing school near me but i have always been worried it wouldnt be like this but be more stripper orientated. i cant get a sitter on the nights they have classes but one day. i will do it! i potentially know a few men who would/could get me a pole for home. i just need to ask nicely.

JadeAthena is offline Junior Member
    You can make it about sexiness or strength or both.. The flag is an amazing upper body strength trick. Slow straight leg inverts are all core. The pencil spin is core and upper body. The iron X is the ultimate strength trick. I only know a few girls who can hold it. (I'm not one of them... yet.) The sexy part is doing it all together while smiling, with your toes pointed. I'm awful with that stuff.

Definitely give it a try if you are curious. Even if it is more stripperish, it will still be a start. And what's wrong with the occassional body roll, it's all about feeling confident!

next time i see classes advertised, i will def see if i can get a sitter. by stripper orientated i meant more of a focus on that side of things vs the actual strength and flexibility stuff.

Extreme Health Radio is offline Junior Member
    I don't think that as a guy I should be doing this type of thing. But I have to say, aside from it being very nice to watch, it seems like it would be an incredible workout on many levels!

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeAthena View Post
    You can make it about sexiness or strength or both.. The flag is an amazing upper body strength trick. Slow straight leg inverts are all core. The pencil spin is core and upper body. The iron X is the ultimate strength trick. I only know a few girls who can hold it. (I'm not one of them... yet.) The sexy part is doing it all together while smiling, with your toes pointed. I'm awful with that stuff.

Definitely give it a try if you are curious. Even if it is more stripperish, it will still be a start. And what's wrong with the occassional body roll, it's all about feeling confident!
    !!!

I LOVE the embracing your own sensuality aspect of pole dance (as I've practiced it thusfar.) I agree-totally check it out if you're interested!! SO fun!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

i managed to find a phone number for the place near me and they have open sessions you can attend so i can try one of them. tribal belly dance is quite good for the sensuality aspect but i like idea of the strength side of pole dancing.

Yayayayayayayayay!!! It is SOOO strength focused. Very LHT!! Have a blast!!!!!!!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

Signed up for my second session!! Woo hoo! Loving it!!!
    My Before/After Pics

JadeAthena is offline Junior Member
    Two things - I finally got my shoulder mount on both sides and I'm pretty pumped because even my pole instructor can't do both sides. Also, my husband and I started doing acro yoga and it's a great compliment to my pole fitness, yoga and crossfit. If you are looking for more interesting exercise options, search your area for acro yoga. It's a blast.

Took a pole hiatus as I found it so hard to get to the studio for practice (having my son at home makes it difficult to get out in the evenings.) BUT, I *just* got an X-Pole and have spent the past 2 days dancing it up!!! SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!! YAY! Just wanted to update!!!
    My Before/After Pics

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast